Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

new person

Old 12-01-2005, 10:40 AM

Default new person

Hi all. I am new to the forum and hunting. Can anybody tell me how the hog and deer hunting is in Linden Tx? It is in Cass county.
Thanks. Troy
Old 12-01-2005, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: new person

Welcome to the forum Corvette. I hunt Cass Co. myself, on a lease just outside Avinger. This yr has been pretty tough so far. Started out hot, having to swat mosquitos. The worse thing is it has been pretty windy the whole season. We have taken 3 bucks and 3 does so far, between the 12 of us. So far I have been skunked, but did see a spike and an 8 pt, that I did not have a safe shot at. These were on opening morning, since then, I haven't seen anything. Browse these forums, they are full of good info. Good Luck.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:54 AM
Fork Horn

Oh yeah, about hog hunting. We have taken probably close to 60 in the last 1 1/2 yrs, with nearly all of the taken in traps. They have been pretty scarce for last few months, nocturnal I guess. With the cooler weather now, they should start to be seen more, but might have to wait until all the deer hunting pressure ends next month.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

I hunt east of Linden, been real slow. Lots of hogs at night. Just haven't hadn't been able to hunt since first two weeks of bow season. My buddies have been hunting almost evey weekend, and still they haven't taken anything. But you know thick the woods are there.
Bob <><
Old 12-05-2005, 05:56 PM

Hi and thanks for the info. Please let me know if things pick up with this cold weather coming in.
A friend over in Marshal got a buck and 2 does this past weekend. Really surprised me being so warm.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:53 PM
Dominant Buck

Welcome to the forum Partner!!