Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hog Tusk?

Old 09-30-2005, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hog Tusk?

What do you do with yours? Ive seen hog monts and all but if you shoot a nice hog and dont want it mounted what do you do with your tusk?
Old 09-30-2005, 01:49 PM

Default RE: Hog Tusk?

I make necklaces out of mine to wear on future hog hunts. It is revered as protection by many tribes around the world to wear the teeth or claws of dangerous game. Another thing you can do is buy one of those plaques and glue them on with a picture. I have seen a Hawiin mount where they mount just the bottom jaw on a plaque. That look real good too. My next mount will be one of those where they bronze the whole skull and make the Tusks silver.I'll try and find thepic I have of it.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

is there an easy way to remove the tusk from a dead hog? Ive never tried before, ive shot hogs just never thought about removeing the tusk and I saw a nice mount yesterday with huge tusk and got to thinking about it. So I decided to try and squeeze some info out of yall. Thanks, sean
Old 09-30-2005, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Skin the skull out and boil it and the tusks should come on out. If not let it dry out and once the skull is dry it will fall out.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:53 PM
Dominant Buck

I cut the bottom jaw with a hack saw as square as I canand boil it, clean it and let it dry. Then I use clear varnish on the jaw bone, but not the teeth or tusks. When dry I mount it on a plaque.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Other than cutting the jaw bone off, is there another way to remove the tusks in the field if you don't plan on taking the head?
Old 09-30-2005, 07:15 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: elgallo114

Other than cutting the jaw bone off, is there another way to remove the tusks in the field if you don't plan on taking the head?

The bone has to dry and shrink so the Tusks will come
out.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:04 AM

take a look here www.trwp.ca/trophy.htm , they have nicepanels to mount tusks and instructions how to remove and install themhttp://www.trwp.ca/plaque_sizing.htm

good luck
Old 10-01-2005, 09:54 AM

If you're a patient guy, you may want to just bury the head after you skin it and wait about 6 monthes and dig it up. They'll come right out or you can then bleach and dry it.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:23 AM

put them on a string or something and hang them from the rear view mirror of your huntin truck.

Quick Reply: Hog Tusk?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.