Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Round Nose Bullets - Who uses them? >

Round Nose Bullets - Who uses them?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Round Nose Bullets - Who uses them?

Old 05-06-2005, 07:36 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Round Nose Bullets - Who uses them?

No I'm sayin' that the blood vessels in the brain weren't burst by the hydraulic pressure those marvelous Weatherby velocities were supposed to create. If you shoot 'em in the leg they don't die. If you shoot 'em in the guts they don't die. If you shoot 'em in the heart/lungs they die, but you don't need hydrostatic shock to do that.
Your definately studying different material than I do. Yea, I have heard the whole brain pressure thing. But what I am talking about is the extreme trauma to the lungs and major organs from the hydrostatic shock. And if you don't think that helps expire them quicker, I am thru talking with you.

Old 05-06-2005, 12:03 PM
DM

Default RE: Round Nose Bullets - Who uses them?

Ok lets get this right? You have shot deer/game/whatever with a big/heavy/hardcast/whatever projectile at a slow speed like 1500fps and then shot one with a say 300weatherby broadsided and didn't see the bloodshot in the cavity while butchering?

If you answer yes, then I you hunt different animals than I do or butcher a totally different way than I do. The lungs are usually melted when shot with a 270 say at close range compared to a slug.
Right on Big country,

My experience falls right in with yours!!! A high V bullet of "proper construction" has always killed animials better than a slow moveing bigger bore bullet for me.

It's been that way on EVERYTHING i've shot or "seen shot" with the exception of animials that have to be "broke down"!! In that case both work equally as long as both bullets penetrate deep enough.

Perhaps some of the folks here just don't have enough experience in "both" camps, or they just want to eat "right up to the edge of the hole", even if they have to wait a little longer for there supper to expire???

Drilling Man