Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 SIG Handguns >

SIG Handguns

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

SIG Handguns

Old 04-09-2005, 11:56 AM

Default RE: SIG Handguns

ORIGINAL: bigcountry
I find it hard to beat a Sig -
Virginia, for a guy with your experience, I would be interesting to know how its "better" than say a handgun 300-400 dollars cheaper. Maybe you can point out some differences.
BC
Better than a handgun $300-400 cheaper? Let's see, I bought my P239 for approx.
$545 (incl. sales tax, etc.), so you want me to compare it to a gun costing approx.
$150-250 ?
Why is it I get the feeling you like to start an argument? So, I'll rephrase a little, and just say IMHO the Sigs are better weapons - for me. Ok? And, as noted, I think hunter338 made a dang good choice.
Anycase, I did not disparage any other pistols. Most all that I've had experience with
were good weapons, and functioned fine (except the Gold Cup), but I LIKE THE SIG BEST OF ALL I'VE HAD/USED!
FYI - I don't like Glocks. Nope, never had one, and don't want one. Not saying they ain't good handguns, just don't like 'em.
Well, experience also tells me these comments probably won't be to your liking either,
so nuff said.
Oh, BTW, I like Dodge pickups, and think they're hard to beat also. I'm guessing you won't like that either.
Old 04-09-2005, 12:08 PM
bigcountry

Why is it I get the feeling you like to start an argument
Actually not at all. I value on hands opinions. Like my Browning gold post in the firearms review. If I just borrowed one here and there, or just handled at the gunshop, I couldn't form my opinion I did. And couldn't have pointed out little things I didn't like.

I reload for a fella that has the sig 40. It shoots nice, but a little heavy for me. I feel my glock or berretta does just as good with the limited experience I have with it. But for someone like yourself, you might be able to point out little things that make it worth it for you.

I have been trying to think of a reason I want to buy one of these other than I hear people talk very highly of them. But i always go with other brands. No I don't want you to compare the Ruger. More like glock or berretta. I do like the looks and feel of the 1911 clone they have. Nice rail for accessories.

Old 04-09-2005, 02:41 PM

ORIGINAL: bigcountry
Why is it I get the feeling you like to start an argument
Actually not at all. I value on hands opinions. Like my Browning gold post in the firearms review. If I just borrowed one here and there, or just handled at the gunshop, I couldn't form my opinion I did. And couldn't have pointed out little things I didn't like.
I reload for a fella that has the sig 40. It shoots nice, but a little heavy for me. I feel my glock or berretta does just as good with the limited experience I have with it. But for someone like yourself, you might be able to point out little things that make it worth it for you.
I have been trying to think of a reason I want to buy one of these other than I hear people talk very highly of them. But i always go with other brands. No I don't want you to compare the Ruger. More like glock or berretta. I do like the looks and feel of the 1911 clone they have. Nice rail for accessories.
So, who said anything about Ruger handguns? I did not mention any experience or preferences for or against Ruger pistols. My only experience with those is with the older 22LR semi-autos. Personally, I've only shot two at the range, but I just don't care for them. Don't like the looks/feel of 'em any more than I do the Glocks. You like your Baretta and your Glock, good, stick with 'em.
As for your obvious insinuation that I've only handled most of the guns I noted at gunshops or borrowed 'em now and then - wrong! The department I worked on allowed
officers to carry pretty much whatever they wanted, so long as they could qualify with it.
We had a rather wide assortment of handguns and cartridges, though this was before the advent of the 40S&W cartridge.
I carried, used, practiced, and/or qualified with each of the guns noted, and that don't include any of the many revolvers I also had (Colt Troopers, Pythons, and Detective Special; Ruger Sec.Six, Service Six, and Speed Six; various S&W models including K & N frames such as model 19, 25, and 57, etc.). No, no Dan Wessons, though I did borrow/shoot one at the range one day (a 44mag.). Oh, yes, all the revolvers I just noted were also carried, used, practiced & qualified with.
Just one other note. In addition to my own, I also had occasion (many) to practice with, and dissasemble/clean, and work on many of these guns for the other officers on the dept.
Old 04-09-2005, 02:55 PM
bigcountry

As for your obvious insinuation that I've only handled most of the guns I noted at gunshops or borrowed 'em now and then - wrong! The department I worked on allowed
Virginia7, do you have a complex. I know most cops I have met do, but this is nuts, I was giving you a freaking compliment and respect. Seriously!!! I was hoping you could pass off you knowledge since you said you handled most of them and shoot 1000's of rounds. But instead of handing off knowledge, you keep defending yourself from nothing.

Listen up, NOBODY is busting on you. You said you have handled all these guns, and made a statement to the effect that they are the best. Me and I am sure alot on here was looking for direction on why they are the "best".

Old 04-09-2005, 02:57 PM
bigcountry

Colt Troopers, Pythons, and Detective Special; Ruger Sec.Six, Service Six, and Speed Six; various S&W models including K & N frames such as model 19, 25, and 57, etc.). No, no Dan Wessons, though I did borrow/shoot one at the range one day (a 44mag.). Oh, yes, all the revolvers I just noted were also carried, used, practiced & qualified with.
Man, again, thats all nice, but could you help us understand the benefits of a Sig? I would respect your opinion.

Old 04-09-2005, 03:02 PM

Virginia7, do you have a complex. I know most cops I have met do .....
End of discussion BC! This has gone far enough, and I'm gonna' stop now before I say or do something I'd regret.[:@]
Old 04-09-2005, 03:05 PM
bigcountry

Man, this is like too wierd. Never seen somebody get offended over giving them respect of actually asking for help.

Old 04-09-2005, 03:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

I too have fired used and reloaded for dozens of handguns of all Brands. I could not say that there is a best handgun brand or caliber. Most all of them have strong and weak points either mechanically or just value wise. The Sigs have been one of the least owned by me but I had a Sig 220. and it was an excellent pistol. They are a little heavy but very accurate and very dependable. The Ruger although not as pretty and maybe not quite as accurate as some but plenty accurate for its designed use and absolutely the most rugged and dependable pistols That I have owned and I have had six or more of them. I have owned all of the Glocks except the baby ones. I found them quite accurate and dependable but can't handle the no safty or visable hammer. The Bretta and Taurus have also lived up to my expectations and I would buy one of them again. I have had almost all of the 1911's and all things considered I would choose the Springfield Armory because of its rugged build and good cost value. I like the Kimber but they are over priced for me as I can do most of the tricks needed to make the 1911 shine. I got very good service from the S&W autos that I have had which is most of the 9MM and 45's I think the Ruger revolvers are the top of the line as are the Dan Wessons. I like the Colts but again they are over priced IMO.

If you take everything into consideration. Cost, Dependability and accuracy they all have something to offer. For pure defense I would pick the Rugers. They just don't fail.
Old 04-09-2005, 04:01 PM

I have a sig P220. I love the gun. It's a high quality weapon. I do, however have one complaint. The extractors are so strong they tear up brass, if you can find them after it throws them 25ft or so. I guess that's a problem i can live with. It's better than jamming on you in a pinch. Nice guns.
Old 04-09-2005, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

I sure hope that nobody talks bad about Dodges!!!

I own a 2004 Mod. 1 Ton, and LOVE it.

Well seriously.

Thanks for all the coments. Hope to hear from everyone again.
hunter338

Quick Reply: SIG Handguns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.