HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - SIG Handguns
Thread: SIG Handguns
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2005, 02:41 PM
Virginia7

Default RE: SIG Handguns

ORIGINAL: bigcountry
Why is it I get the feeling you like to start an argument
Actually not at all. I value on hands opinions. Like my Browning gold post in the firearms review. If I just borrowed one here and there, or just handled at the gunshop, I couldn't form my opinion I did. And couldn't have pointed out little things I didn't like.
I reload for a fella that has the sig 40. It shoots nice, but a little heavy for me. I feel my glock or berretta does just as good with the limited experience I have with it. But for someone like yourself, you might be able to point out little things that make it worth it for you.
I have been trying to think of a reason I want to buy one of these other than I hear people talk very highly of them. But i always go with other brands. No I don't want you to compare the Ruger. More like glock or berretta. I do like the looks and feel of the 1911 clone they have. Nice rail for accessories.
So, who said anything about Ruger handguns? I did not mention any experience or preferences for or against Ruger pistols. My only experience with those is with the older 22LR semi-autos. Personally, I've only shot two at the range, but I just don't care for them. Don't like the looks/feel of 'em any more than I do the Glocks. You like your Baretta and your Glock, good, stick with 'em.
As for your obvious insinuation that I've only handled most of the guns I noted at gunshops or borrowed 'em now and then - wrong! The department I worked on allowed
officers to carry pretty much whatever they wanted, so long as they could qualify with it.
We had a rather wide assortment of handguns and cartridges, though this was before the advent of the 40S&W cartridge.
I carried, used, practiced, and/or qualified with each of the guns noted, and that don't include any of the many revolvers I also had (Colt Troopers, Pythons, and Detective Special; Ruger Sec.Six, Service Six, and Speed Six; various S&W models including K & N frames such as model 19, 25, and 57, etc.). No, no Dan Wessons, though I did borrow/shoot one at the range one day (a 44mag.). Oh, yes, all the revolvers I just noted were also carried, used, practiced & qualified with.
Just one other note. In addition to my own, I also had occasion (many) to practice with, and dissasemble/clean, and work on many of these guns for the other officers on the dept.