Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 338 Ultra-mag why isn't it more popular? >

338 Ultra-mag why isn't it more popular?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

338 Ultra-mag why isn't it more popular?

Old 04-06-2005, 12:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default 338 Ultra-mag why isn't it more popular?

I was seriously considering a 338-06 for the next Elk rifle but found out a gunsmith friend has secretely owned a 300 ultra mag for the last year and believe it or not loves the rifle. It has a muzzle brake on it and I am thinking why not a 338 ulm
Old 04-06-2005, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 338 Ultra-mag why isn't it more popular?

I've carried one...I've shot one. If I do it again neither my shoulder nor my back would ever forgive me. The .300 wsm is plenty of gun for anything I hunt and weighs less with less recoil.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:04 PM
bigcountry

As a 300RUM shooter, I am at my limit. And if I wanted bigger, a 338win mag would be my choice. But a 338 RUM has some significant recoil. Its a very fast pulse of recoil too.

Old 04-06-2005, 01:06 PM

I was kind of wondering the same Ol elk. I've bought one, measured and loaded my first handloads. Haven't shot it yet though... This will be the deepest gaze into a recoil gun I've ever taken. Time will tell if it will be too much.

They don't seem to sell very well. What motivated me into action was first the intention to do so at some time, and 2nd the new gun at $150.00 reduced tag made it happen now.

I was hoping you were going to be the source of advice on high recoil shooting tactics! No muzzle brake on mine. Setting the loaded round next to a 30.06 is a little humbling.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was hoping you were going to be the source of advice on high recoil shooting tactics! No muzzle brake on mine. Setting the loaded round next to a 30.06 is a little humbling.
No the authority on no muzzle brake straight Recoil is ELKKAMPMASTER. I will have to wear pink clothing and shoot mine with a muzzle brake
Old 04-06-2005, 01:23 PM
bigcountry

Muzzlebreak, goodness, you talking like Mossy and allcamo. I don't need no stinking muzzlebreak. I have heard those guys were panties.

Old 04-06-2005, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Muzzlebreak, goodness, you talking like Mossy and allcamo. I don't need no stinking muzzlebreak. I have heard those guys were panties.
First off, whats wrong with a muzzle brake???? Second, lets see, my 300 rum has a brake on it (which may be loud as hell) but whats worse, that or having one that weighs 900 lbs like your does!! At least I went the smart way to reduce recoil, mine you wont even hear when shooting at an animal, yours you gotta lug all 900 lbs clear acrossed Canada!! Ill take the m/b over heavier gun to reduce recoil anyday!!!!

p.s. and the only panties I wear are Bearklr's wife's on my head occasionally!
Old 04-06-2005, 01:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

p.s. and the only panties I wear are Bearklr's wife's on my head occasionally!
Boy BC Mossy has become Brazen.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:12 PM
bigcountry

Well, OEH, I heard thats whats happens when you live one of those alternate lifestyles like mossy. Put muzzlebreaks on your guns, run around with womens pantys on your head.

Old 04-06-2005, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

don't worry oldelkhunter. Charley gets jealous sometimes. besides, he has to find something to occupy his time while his wife is over at my house.

Quick Reply: 338 Ultra-mag why isn't it more popular?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.