Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 WHAT IS HAPPENING TO REMINGTON? >

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO REMINGTON?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO REMINGTON?

Old 03-31-2005, 06:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: WHAT IS HAPPENING TO REMINGTON?

Swampman, you opened a can of worms on this one! I'm pretty new to this site, but this is the highest level of rhetoric I've heard on any subject. I can hear mossy33 pounding his shoe on the table from here.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:09 AM

Thank you Broey. I thought i was on an island surrounded by alligators.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:57 PM

Swampman:
The biggest gripe i have ever had with Remington was their marketing department ruining my favorite cartridge....The 280 Remington.
Can't argue with ya' on that one! If the 280Rem. had come out sooner, and been properly loaded to begin with as well, I suspect the 270Win. would just be a memory today. It's a real shame there aren't more rifles chambered for the 280.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Ruger triggers feel just like a tank also I'd say it would also be easier to hit something with the tank gun
Please don't even say something like this. I am not taking anything away from the Ruger but its trigger unless completely replaced cannot come near a Remingtons..
Horse feathers. I have three Rugers that I will put up against any Remington trigger. Yes, I worked on them, and no I didn't replace them but they are slick as glass and crisp at 3.5#s.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

id take a remington over a ruger, just my opinion that the remington is a better designed rifle. there is nothing wrong with ruger rifles I have several ruger rifles just ruger could have done a little better job trying to make their own version of a mauser, But I will say this rugers factory triggers are much softer then a remington factory trigger.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:59 PM

I have two remingtons... Both from before 1985. Yes they are older than me. I have looked at the new ones and there is no comparison in build quality. My friend has a savage 111f sires and it will shoot sub moa groupings all day however, it is ugly as sin, and i cannot stand shooting it.
Then there is my new ruger. yes the action is a bit clickey, but the triger had a crisp 5 lb pull out of the box and I love it.

Farmanimal
Old 03-31-2005, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

Actually my friend and I just went through this scenerio because we both got trigger jobs done from our gunsmith at the same time. His 700 classic was reduced from 5-3/4 lbs down to 2-3/4 and my 77 MKII was reduced from 4.5 down to 2-3/4 so actually his Rem had a harder trigger from the factory than my Ruger. Sorry DD I am pickin on you alot aint I
Please don't even say something like this. I am not taking anything away from the Ruger but its trigger unless completely replaced cannot come near a Remingtons..

OEH, what happened man??? I found that you were one of the guys on here that I could agree with almost all the time!!! heck you even got me considering one of the 338-06's, but come on dude, give me a break. I will say this, working on a trigger of a Remington is easier than a Ruger, but after that its all about the M77 baaabyyyy!!!!
Old 03-31-2005, 11:41 PM
Spike

Well there is some truth here remington has made 4 rifles that are a tarnish to their name.

1) Model 710 270win

2) Model 710 7mm Rem Mag

3) Model 710 30-06

4) Model 710 300 Win Mag

The reason why this riffle is still around beats the hell out of me?? You can buy a no frills 700, or 7600 for maybe $30 or $50 more and have a riffle that will last you a life time of hunting seasons. I think that Remington and Bushnell should be ashamed of themselves for making this misery loves company combination. Please if I have offended anyone I'm sorry however the problem with today is too much "PC" and not enough truth.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

quote:

Horse feathers. I have three Rugers that I will put up against any Remington trigger. Yes, I worked on them, and no I didn't replace them but they are slick as glass and crisp at 3.5#s.
I don't even know why I am replying to this but this person is just bashing for the sake of bashing.

The Ruger trigger has no overtravel and has to have the sear and trigger stoned in order to reduce creep and lessen the pull weight. Some substitute springs when the pull weight is not satisfactory. When properly done it is a nice trigger but no "GLASS ROD BREAKING". to get anywhere near that effect you need a Timney.. I have been there and done that with every freaking Ruger I have owned. Other then that they may be the best gun value out there.

Now contrast that with a remington trigger adjustment. Undoe the naill polish on the bottom front screw and screw out until desired pull weight down to 2 lbs and test for accidental discharge. I have had no problems with any of the remingtons I have ever owned but one in this department. Unlike the Ruger it has an overtravel adjustment and you don't have to spend 100 dollars buying a Trigger for it that has that feature.

Now we can get back on topic.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

PS I will still not buy a new Remington ..but luckily there are plenty of 60-80's models sitting around that are available.

Quick Reply: WHAT IS HAPPENING TO REMINGTON?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.