HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - WHAT IS HAPPENING TO REMINGTON?
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 06:20 AM
oldelkhunter
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: WHAT IS HAPPENING TO REMINGTON?

quote:

Please don't even say something like this. I am not taking anything away from the Ruger but its trigger unless completely replaced cannot come near a Remingtons..

Horse feathers. I have three Rugers that I will put up against any Remington trigger. Yes, I worked on them, and no I didn't replace them but they are slick as glass and crisp at 3.5#s.
I don't even know why I am replying to this but this person is just bashing for the sake of bashing.

The Ruger trigger has no overtravel and has to have the sear and trigger stoned in order to reduce creep and lessen the pull weight. Some substitute springs when the pull weight is not satisfactory. When properly done it is a nice trigger but no "GLASS ROD BREAKING". to get anywhere near that effect you need a Timney.. I have been there and done that with every freaking Ruger I have owned. Other then that they may be the best gun value out there.

Now contrast that with a remington trigger adjustment. Undoe the naill polish on the bottom front screw and screw out until desired pull weight down to 2 lbs and test for accidental discharge. I have had no problems with any of the remingtons I have ever owned but one in this department. Unlike the Ruger it has an overtravel adjustment and you don't have to spend 100 dollars buying a Trigger for it that has that feature.

Now we can get back on topic.