Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 THIS is gun safety. (DEA Agent) >

THIS is gun safety. (DEA Agent)

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

THIS is gun safety. (DEA Agent)

Old 03-15-2005, 06:52 PM

Default THIS is gun safety. (DEA Agent)

I simply cannot believe this. BUT realizing that everyone is ok afterwards (the "agent" might not be too spritely anymore ) this has to be one of the FUNNIEST videos I have ever seen. It TRULY highlights the quality of some of our "Federal hiring practices" and just how ludicrous some policies are by letting folks like this carry guns (gads... especially into our schools for "instruction").

http://drunkendelight.com/content/videos/03084899.wmv

Federal Agent "Moron" did in fact shoot himself in the leg, no others were harmed. I understand this happened last spring in the Tampa, Fla area. To make matters worse Agen "Moron" STILL has a job with the DEA!!! [:@] But he was "re-assigned" to un-known whereabouts.

I even called some local SWAT team members over this morning to see this but they had already seen via email earlier this morning! They thought it was hysterical.

What can you say? []
RA
Old 03-15-2005, 07:41 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: THIS is gun safety. (DEA Agent)

RedAllison,

In Tampa Fl., there's 3 jails approx. 7,000 inmates,both sexes.
The one down town close to the court house is maximun security for federal pick-up.
One day I had to go and work on a couple of cell locks and I took a break on the
smoke deck. There where other people with me and one of the female trusties working
on the grounds came up to the deck and handed me a loaded .357 revolver she found
on the employees parking lot.
It belonged to a US MARSHAL. It fell out of his truck when he got out.
THey did'nt do nothing to him either.Just told him to be more careful.
Man, I can tell you many other incidents that go on that pepole could'nt even imagine!
Old 03-15-2005, 07:42 PM

It’s extremely amusing to see a professional display proper gun control and safety. He must have had a magazine in the weapon, locked the slide to the rear, looked in the chamber and saw an empty chamber, and then when he let the slide go forward, he chambered a round. He never noticed that his empty weapon had a magazine in it. Incredible!

The police officer did three things wrong:
He must have pulled the trigger
Gun loaded (even though they think it's not)
Finger must have been on the trigger even though he wasn't covering a target

I think he got the point of gun safety across to the kids!
Old 03-15-2005, 10:54 PM

Pretty calm for having shot himself.

I wonder if he loaded a blank to show them how an accident can happen? He showed it to the other guy standing against the wall, I assume to prove clear.

I wouldn't be continuing my lesson if I had shot myself in the leg, that's for sure.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JadeDragon

Pretty calm for having shot himself.

I wonder if he loaded a blank to show them how an accident can happen? He showed it to the other guy standing against the wall, I assume to prove clear.

I wouldn't be continuing my lesson if I had shot myself in the leg, that's for sure.

I kinda wondered the samething, i think if i just shot myself in the femur, with even a 22 and point blank range id be doing something different like laying on the ground screaming like a baby, rather then just limping around.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:12 PM

LOL! I too thought it was so crazy how he kept talking just fine as if nothing happened. It in fact was a .40-caliber round at close range into his leg. It happened nearly a year ago. Here's a cut and paste:

DEA Agent Shoots Self During Gun Safety Class

POSTED: 11:27 am EDT April 30, 2004

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A federal drug agent shot himself in the leg during a gun safety presentation to children and his bosses are investigating.

The Drug Enforcement Administration agent, whose name was not released, was giving a gun safety presentation to about 50 adults and students organized by the Orlando Minority Youth Golf Association, witnesses and
police said.

He drew his .40-caliber duty weapon and removed the magazine, according to the police report. Then he pulled back the slide and asked someone in the audience to look inside the gun and confirm it wasn't loaded, the report said.

Witnesses said the gun was pointed at the floor and when he released the slide, one shot fired into the top of his left thigh.

"The kids screamed and started to cry," said Vivian Farmer, who
attended the presentation with her 13-year-old nephew.

"Everyone was pretty shaken up," Farmer said. "But the point of gun safety hit home. Unfortunately, the agent had to get shot. But after seeing that, my nephew doesn't want to have anything to do with guns."

The agent was treated at Orlando Regional Medical Center after the April 9 shooting and returned to work, DEA special agent Joe Kilmer said.

Police ruled the shooting was an accident, but the DEA headquarters in Washington was still investigating, Kilmer said.

Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:05 PM

That's incredible..... maybe it doesn't hurt to get shot?
Old 03-18-2005, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Weird!!!
Old 03-18-2005, 05:35 PM

The BATF agents I've spoken with don't like to have DEA in back of them - they claim they're trigger happy. DEA always goes in first...
Old 03-18-2005, 07:28 PM

I've seen it with the FBI...in fact it was with their elite Hostage Rescue Team crew. I jumped in a vehicle to go somewhere and noticed a holstered pistol on the seat next to me.... It was sitting in an unsecured vehicle. Anyone could have grabbed it and no one would have known until the weapon was long gone. I took it into the ops center and asked who it belonged to. The goofball simply said, "Oh I forgot about that."

Quick Reply: THIS is gun safety. (DEA Agent)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.