Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 My New 30-378 >

My New 30-378

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

My New 30-378

Old 03-09-2005, 10:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: My New 30-378

I wasn't sold on the RUM. I didn't like the looks of it, plus I like the option of the accubrake. The accumark, when shouldered, felt great and balanced, the RUM felt front heavy. When it says it reduces up to 53% my shoulder can vouch. Weatherby had it together with this gun. I think the 30-378 is a little flatter shooting for long ranges, prairie dogs at 600 yards, if i miss I miss, if i hit him there is no wounding a prairie dog, for the you can't shoot that far naysayers.

RED,
Thanks for the heads up on barrel heat. I am gonna shop around for a solid 180 grain bullet. Any suggestions?? Cost is not a huge issue on bullets but I don't want to get ridiculous, As for my prairie dog days I am going to use a less expensive bullet.