Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 wal-mart guns >

wal-mart guns

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

wal-mart guns

Old 03-15-2005, 04:45 AM

Default RE: wal-mart guns

I was just at a Walmart in Alabama and saw a Remington 1187 Premier gun down there for $525.You can't touch that gun here in NY for less than $640.If I had the extra cash,I would have bought it in a second.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:40 PM

I live in rural Missouri and love WallyWorld. I shop there at least twice a week. There are many things there that are terrific. Rifles and Shotguns aren't one of them. None of the lines they carry appeal to me. I looked at a Winchester 300 win mag with a simmons scope and aluminum mounts for 400 bucks. It was just not me. I like my Sakos and Steyrs, Winchester 101's, CZ's and the like. I save extra hard to purchase and enjoy these long guns. Hey if all you do is sight your rifle in every year and shoot a deer, WW is fine. I guess I'm a gun kook. Regards to all, Rick.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:53 PM

I went to the Gun store yesterday, looking for a rifle I have been wanting. They would have to order it ,and the cost would be a little over $800.00- I went to Wal-mart and order the same Rifle for $628.00. They did not carry the 6.5x55 swedish mauser cal. by Ruger, so I went to another Gun store and got it for-$464.00. That,s a M77 Mark II in 6.5x55. A nice deal I thought.I think It was a little lower price,because not a lot of people know of the cal. The bottom Line-Shop around,but wally world is hard to beat. Oh! the first gun store would order the ruger6.5x55 for around $600.00
Old 03-15-2005, 05:50 PM
Host of Hosts

I'm on par with oldelkhunter. Walmart is hurting our economy by bringing good overseas which is directly effecting our trade dollars.

I partially agree with this, but Wal-Mart isn't the only retail chain doing this. And my main arguement with oldelkhunter is the ridiculous talk about Wal-Mart selling inferior firearms.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:25 AM
Typical Buck

Yep, several chains before went into China before WalMart. They went into China later on purpose because the foundation was laid out by the others.

For me, I would say Walmart does sell inferior guns. That's only because I like to cuddle up with a nice custom engraved wall hanger. I'd pay homage to beautiful firearms but store owners usually kick me out at closing time. So yeah, Walmart specials don't impress me with cheaper finishes, etc. But if you are one of those that like black synthetic stocks then Walmart specials will do you just fine.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:30 AM

Ok been looking up prices on these Wal-mart guns & some are cheaper than others as in price Where i can get them local & pay taxe's on them Where if you buy over the internet from outta state No sales tax, But you pay atleast 25 shipping & 25 transfer fee, Like i usually do Or buy Local & keep your local business in business......I looked up O/U remington Wal-mart sells & Ok figured Priceing Out & still was saving $335.00 After NY state taxe's , But doesnt mean I'll buy it Thou..... But was cheaper Much Than anywhere else i could buy it local Or outta state threw a gun shop or private person..........But look at Time Warner Cable company 20 years ago cable was $6 Now its Almost $50 dollars amonth Just for basic cable, Wal-mart Is no differant......... There gonna do it, if it continues to make ( profits ) better.....So someone organize A Gun allience against Companys robbing Gun store owers...... & i'll join it !!

Ray
Old 03-16-2005, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just got back from Wal-Mart. I was looking for 3" 12 guage shotgun shells and they didn't have any.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Statjunk,
Wal-Marts here have a catalog behind the counter for Special Orders.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:25 PM

This all is making me laugh. I read all 8 pages of this post.

I was telling my 80 year old neighbor about this post, he just laughed too. He said, "Heck, that's what everybody complained about back when Sears, Montgomery Wards, and K-Mart came into town. They didn't knock out the mom and pop stores and neither will Wal-mart."

I like to listen and believe my elders and this time is no different.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:18 PM

Your 80-year old neighbor took the words out of my mouth. I was just waiting to get to the end of the 8 pages of posts in order to make that same exact statement. People look...there have been a lot of companys that have grown to gargantuan size only to be later slapped around by Uncle Sam...i.e. AT&T who is a sad twist was recently bought out by one of their earlier spin offs. Just wait, Microsoft with eventually get their's too!

Just wait...all those cheap labor cost in China will disappear. China has experienced a huge economic boom because all the developed countries in the world know its cheaper to get things built there. But...those Chinese...all 1.5 billion of them are starting to make a few dollars/yen/whatever and are starting to want the house, two cars, big TV, etc. They'll soon stop working for a few grains of rice and demand higher wages/better benefits. Cheap Chinese labor will soon go away. Who knows...one day it may come full circle and the US has the cheapest labor costs.

Peace, love, and a large caliber handgun!

Quick Reply: wal-mart guns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.