Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 wal-mart guns >

wal-mart guns

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

wal-mart guns

Old 03-11-2005, 01:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: wal-mart guns

Anyhow,.. What is it we don't get about Walmart?
Never mind there isn't enough bandwith on this server to discuss it. You do the research under predatory business practices and then tell me.

I work hard for my money and I don't want to spend more of it than I have to when I do spend it on something as expensive as a weapon.
Really and those that choose to not buy at Walmart what money falls out of the sky into our pockets and allows us to buy at other stores?

If your happy to shop there then so be it . I'm done discussing pathetic Wallyworld in any way shape or form.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:22 PM

I would love to be able to buy guns from Wal-Mart at Wal-Mart prices but Wal-Mart does not sell guns in its California stores. Probably because they do not want to deal with the mandatory 10 day waiting period and its impacts on costs, cash flow and inventory management. If I try to buy from a Wal-Mart in another state as soon as they see my California Driver's license they show me the door. Another one of the joys of living in California, I paid $500 for a Weatherby Vanguard at a gun shop here that Wal-Mart sells in its stores in New Hampshire, where my parents live, for $330.

Californiadoctor
Old 03-11-2005, 03:43 PM
Spike

i didn't mean to start quite a stir
Old 03-11-2005, 08:02 PM

Don't feel bad, gip40. This discussion pops up every couple of months or so.
Old 03-12-2005, 02:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Really and those that choose to not buy at Walmart what money falls out of the sky into our pockets and allows us to buy at other stores?
Apparently it comes from somewhere because you sure are paying more for the EXACT SAME GUNS. Sounds to me like you just don't like Wal-Mart. That's cool. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but this thread is a debate about whether or not Wal-Marts firearms are cut rate versions of the same models found in sporting goods stores. And that's simply untrue. You have not provided one example where you personally saw a gun from Wal-Mart that had different or more cheaply made parts than the same model gun in a gun store. You have not provided any proof or testimonials from hunters or recreational shooters that found Wal-mart guns to perform poorly compared to the same model guns purchased from other stores. You have merely accused them of unsavory business practices. And in that regard they are no better or worse than most large corporations. They all play hard ball.

The truth behind Wal-Marts success is this. They buy in a huge volume which allows them to sell for less. They carry a widely diversified line of goods. Their stores have very people friendly hours. I remember the pre-Wal-Mart years when all the local stores were open 8 to 5 Monday through Friday. Closed daily from 12 to 1 for lunch. Closed for the day at 12 noon on Wednesday and at 12 noon on Saturday. Closed all day on Sunday. A 9 to 5 working man had 4 hours on Saturday morning to shop. Wal-Mart will also take a chance and build in rural towns smaller than most chain stores will bother with. When Wal-Mart first came to Thomasville which is about 10 miles from my home the population was less than 10,000 and the only chain stores there were a Hardees and a Dairy Queen. Don't hold your breathe waiting for a Lowes ,a Home Depot or any of the other large department stores to built in a town that small. That store has now grown to a superstore and is one of the most profitable for Wal-Mart in Alabama.

In short Wal-Mart builds where average people live, are open when average people can shop, stock what average people want and sell at a price average people can afford. Nuff said!
Old 03-12-2005, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I done learned to keep my trap shut on this argument. I notice they even found room to bash Remington as usual...lol. Never seen that one coming
Old 03-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Host of Hosts

You people that support Walmart just don't get it Oh well.

If your happy to shop there then so be it . I'm done discussing pathetic Wallyworld in any way shape or form.

oldelkhunter...It looks to me that you just don't like Wal-Mart and that is your right. But trying to tell people their firearms are somehow inferior to Gander Mountain's or Dick's Sporting Goods or wherever, is just not right.
Your personal hatred for Wal-Mart is no reason to spread rumors.
Old 03-12-2005, 02:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Apparently it comes from somewhere because you sure are paying more for the EXACT SAME GUNS. Sounds to me like you just don't like Wal-Mart. That's cool. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but this thread is a debate about whether or not Wal-Marts firearms are cut rate versions of the same models found in sporting goods stores. And that's simply untrue. You have not provided one example where you personally saw a gun from Wal-Mart that had different or more cheaply made parts than the same model gun in a gun store. You have not provided any proof or testimonials from hunters or recreational shooters that found Wal-mart guns to perform poorly compared to the same model guns purchased from other stores. You have merely accused them of unsavory business practices. And in that regard they are no better or worse than most large corporations. They all play hard ball.

Blah Blah Blah thats why the corporations that sell guns to them and everyone else need to have their products cheapened. You dont see Sakos sold at a Walmart do you yet? Your twisting around what I said as usual. Last gun I bought new was purchased at a local gunstore where the clerks know what a barrel,bolt and a stock is. It was a weatherby vanguard and it cost 365 in a 300 wsm ..lprice that out at Walmart. Before that it was a Remington 700 SS BDL for 575 price that out at Walmart. I work with a guy that used to be a Controller at one of the largest textile mills in the country that is until they closed down for good and went to China. Walmart would meet with them and tell them how much they could make on a pair of socks and then put in massive orders and then a little while later come back and tell them to cut their profit margin. Guess how well that went? Now with the 2 guns I purchased that is my example of where I purchased guns cheaper then walmart. Our firearms because of Walmart are inferior to what they were 20 years ago and they are a big cause of the problem.. Thanks to them we have the 710. You don't think any self respecting gun store would handle that now do you? I rest my case. I also suggest you take a course in reading comprehension and then enroll at your local college and take a lot of business courses and then maybe you'll be enlightened.

oldelkhunter...It looks to me that you just don't like Wal-Mart and that is your right. But trying to tell people their firearms are somehow inferior to Gander Mountain's or Dick's Sporting Goods or wherever, is just not right.
Your personal hatred for Wal-Mart is no reason to spread rumors.

I suggest you reread my posts to see where I am coming from with this. For what it's worth I don't rank Dicks or Gander mountain that much higher then Walmart

BTW Hatred is an overused word these days.. I just do my business with ethical people and Walmart isn't.
Old 03-12-2005, 04:03 PM

.. I just do my business with ethical people and Walmart isn't.
In my time with wal mart i found them to be the most ethical company i have ever worked for!
As a matter of fact they stressed it!

We couldnt even accept gifts from aircraft companys trying to sell them airplanes. Not even a umbrella! A large aircraft manufacter tried to give the aviation dept umbrellas as a gift ...nope nobody got one cause it might taken the wrong way and it was against policy.

Oh and i guess i also have a liking to wal mart cause i have made a pretty good return from stock. but thats not the only reason.
Old 03-12-2005, 07:19 PM
Host of Hosts

I suggest you reread my posts to see where I am coming from with this. For what it's worth I don't rank Dicks or Gander mountain that much higher then Walmart

No need! It's pretty obvious

Quick Reply: wal-mart guns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.