Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Coppermelt Extreme >

Coppermelt Extreme

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Coppermelt Extreme

Old 02-28-2005, 09:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Coppermelt Extreme

Who has used this ?
Old 02-28-2005, 12:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Coppermelt Extreme

Wow no replies
Old 02-28-2005, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought about buying it at one time, but it doesn't make sense for me right now since I've got a good quantity of solvents on my shelf already. I might try some when I start running low.
Old 02-28-2005, 02:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am thinking it would work ok ..not sure If I like the application method on it but it would seem to be safer then some of the more extreme solvents out there. I am going to go for a bottle when I pick up my new rifle in a few months and break it in with this stuff to try it out.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:30 PM
Fork Horn

I bought a bottle of Coppermelt from Brownells 2 weeks ago I have used it on 3 rifles 2 were "clean" I thought 1 was new. The rifles that I thought were clean, I cleaned with the Coppermelt and there was alot of fouling left in the barrels so it is my new favorite Before all I used was Shooters Choice, but the Coppermelt seems to work alot better. I hope this helps chma
"
Old 03-01-2005, 09:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

CHMA how fast does it work?
Old 03-01-2005, 10:18 AM
bigcountry

I don't believe you will like it. It has a bit of ammonia like CR10 and Sweets. You mentioned once that you were worried about etching with those products.

Old 03-01-2005, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

www.coppermelt.com They mention something about the ammonia in the product but go on and say that it can't harm your barrel. WHy would they open themselves upto something like that.?
Old 03-01-2005, 11:04 AM
bigcountry

Look at CR10, one statement, don't leave in the barrel, and next, its harmless to steel.

Old 03-01-2005, 12:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not sure I would leave it in the bore for any extended time but the same would hold true for Montana Extreme or some others. CR10 and Sweets are just harsh smelling and 10 minutes max.

Quick Reply: Coppermelt Extreme

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.