Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Coppermelt Extreme >

Coppermelt Extreme

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Coppermelt Extreme

Old 03-01-2005, 01:54 PM

Default RE: Coppermelt Extreme

Have used coppermelt for a year now and it works great, also have the 50bmg montana and it too works well. The reason for not leaving this stuff (sweets, cr10 etc.) in your barrel is the water base, it will rust your barrel. Montana said the 50 bmg has no water base and will not rust barrel even if left over night. Have not got a reply from the guys at copper melt yet. Be careful ordering direct, never got but half the brush's i ordered.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:29 PM
bigcountry

Sweets water based? Hard to believe. I thought it was petrolium based.

Old 03-01-2005, 02:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

The CEO of Montana extreme told me the same thing that the harsh ones had water in their solution. I don't know who to believe anymore when it comes to these chemicals. I'll give this stuff a try after all its shipped in a SS bottle..I guess if it were real corrosive it would eat thru the bottle.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:42 PM
bigcountry

And montana is supposed to be the harshest cleaner on the market. They may have something there.

Maybe the etching myth is just that. A myth from surfase rust, which I have experienced.

Old 03-01-2005, 07:54 PM

i have never used CR-10 before this will be my first time is the stuff any good? the guy at the sport store said it was the best.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:54 PM
bigcountry

CR10 will eat copper out. Thats for sure. Just follow the directions closely. And put lots of oil in when you got all the oil out.

Old 03-02-2005, 06:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have left montana extreme in my bore overnite on both CM and SS barrels and never had a problem with it at all. I wouldn't leave CR10 in any barrel ever again after it melted my Dewey Cleaning Rod. YOu have to be crazy.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:46 AM

I did a very intresting test last night. I took 4 individual cups of water and put drops from a droper of copper melt, sweets, cr10, montana 50bmg. If they are water base they will mix, if not the will stay seperate like oil in water. simple test to do for your self.
The thing to do with all these products is find the one that cleans the best the way you clean and "allways" clean the resdue and "oil" the barrel last. If your cleaning and shooting as in a breakin, oil the barrel last.
Another test you guys can can try that i do. Finds some old bullets you dont use. Put them out on the bench and put a drop on the bullet of your cleaner and leave over night. On the nest day wipe clean and see if the bullet gets etched were the clean was.
With all the testing we have done the coppermelt wins hands down. I know it is very costly. Second would be the 50bmg.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:52 AM

montana has the new 50bmg copper remover. Thats the key work. copper melt, sweets,cr10 and 50bmg are copper removers not cleaners. All copper removers are alot stronger than regular cleans. For example montana extreme cleaner is not the same as their 50bmg.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:13 AM
bigcountry

Ok, who has done comparison of the montana XTreme, and copper cream, and 50BMG. With Sweets, CR10 and now this coppermelt?

Goodness, you guys have talked me into trying out another cleaner to put on the pile.

Quick Reply: Coppermelt Extreme

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.