Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Camo painting >

Camo painting

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Camo painting

Old 02-18-2005, 11:22 PM

Default Camo painting

I wanna paint my synthetic rifle stock. I'm gonna use Krylon Camo systems paint. I have 2 questions. Is the satin finish a high gloss? Secondly, i saw a few pictures of of some guys gun in which he put a matte clear coat on and it looks great. I was wondering what product to use for this?

Thx to those of you who reply.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:34 AM

Default RE: Camo painting

not to change the subject but they make some really nice camo tape that works real well. i use it on my predator guns. i have seen two differant kinds. one is like a plastic tape that has a little bit of a shine to it. the other is a cloth tape. i like the cloth tape no shine to it and looks very good on a rifle.
Old 02-19-2005, 11:40 AM
Typical Buck

Sixgun...
I havent used the Krylon paints but have seen some paint jobs with em, they do look good. The satin finish is in between flat ....which is a finish with absolutely no reflection. Satin has a soft lusture, not flat nor shiny either. Gloss is of course shiny and will have reflection properties. The satin is a good compromise between the two.

I have a couple I have painted with regular satin spray paints in "camo" colors and they are ok. Over time they do get scratched and will require repainting but that's no big deal. If you get bored with a particualr scheme it's easy to do it all over. Here is a picture of a Mc Millan stocked custom M700. It was originally a solid grey(should have had a Mc Millan camo finish) and I wanted something different. Not the best job in the world but it works for me.

doubleA

Old 02-19-2005, 02:51 PM

That is a very nice piant job. i like your style of patterning. For my environment i would use diff colrs though. I think i might copy your pattern though