Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Custom CAMO Painting of Bow???? >

Custom CAMO Painting of Bow????

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Custom CAMO Painting of Bow????

Old 05-25-2003, 03:17 PM

Default Custom CAMO Painting of Bow????

Looking for someone that does Custom Camo Paint Services of Archery Equipment, since most now film dip their products very few manufacturers have personnel to do such paint work. Anyone here know of anyone that does this type of paint work? I have an Oneida Lite Force Magnum Bow and two quivers interested in getting a custom paint job done on. I can disassemble the bow to the required parts that need the painting done to. Been looking for some time and the person that did this type of service currently does not have a location to set up his paint booth to continue to do so. So I am now looking for someone that does this with airbrushing skills. If anyone knows someone please email me at [email protected] with how I can contact them and if they do it on the side or works for a company. Also if they might have email or website to contact them would be appreciated. Thanks...

[8D][8D]
Old 05-25-2003, 04:21 PM

Default RE: Custom CAMO Painting of Bow????

I did my own till I got my Mathews. I have also don several for my friends. It works great.

Get the H.|S. [Hunter Specialties] Permanent Camo Spray Paint Kit and do your own. You won' t be disappointed and it only costs about $20.00.
Old 05-25-2003, 06:05 PM

The H.S. is not good for detailed painting and their stencils are very basic. I am looking for a detail custom paint job with multiple colors and design which you can' t get from the generic spray can paints. I am not skill enough to do airbrushing that gives a detail pattern and durable paint finish that the archery manufacturers once did with the old way they painted their bows now they use film dip process and the patterns are all of the usually big name camo clothing manufacturers patterns.
I am searching for more of a custom camo pattern.

Thanks for your post.
Old 05-29-2003, 01:32 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-29-2003, 02:34 PM

Thanks but Dan or DH is currently not able to do any painting. I called and talked to him about three or four weeks back since he painted one of my Oneida Aero Forces Last year. I asked about him doing this LFM and he said that he would even though he has very busy schedule the last few months and was going to not be able to do any painting he said he would do this for me. I was waiting on a new set of power limbs for this bow and they were delayed because of needing another set for an AF since they sent the wrong ones to the dealer I was getting them from it took an additional two weeks. As soon as I got them I send the bow and quivers to him just to learn that he moved and that he currently does not have a place to set up his paint booth to do any painting. Since he does not live where he did my bow was held until he could call them and deny delivery and the bow was returned back to me with the money order I had to get refunded. He hopes to be up and going by late August, if he can get everything worked out but again he is currently hoping to but he got a promotion at his job and had to move closer to his work location. I called and talked to him about it but usually the paint has an odor to it till it completely and throughly dries which takes some time and having it out in the sun and warm air helps. It took about four months before the odor finally disappeared from it so if he paints it in August/September it will not be able to be used till maybe late December especially for hunting...

Thanks for the suggestion but since he currently is closed not many others do this and the few that are interested want 150.00 to 200.00 just to paint the bow not including the shipping and I am looking for two quivers to be painted the same pattern also. Most all bow manufacturers are using the film dip process which is about 135.00 for the bow plus 30.00 for each quiver and not sure but it states top only on quivers so it is more like 195.00. Dan would do them for about 100.00 and that is doing bow and 2 quivers plus assemble and disassemble of the bow. The film dip companies require you take it apart and are not responsible for the limb pockets. So I am not sure what I am going to do I guess I will just leave it with different color power limbs since I replaced them. I am a regular on the Oneida Site. Take Care...
Old 05-29-2003, 08:32 PM

try www.rockymountaincamo.com
Old 05-29-2003, 09:04 PM

Josh_E,

Thanks but I have decided to leave the bow as it is just to much to deal with trying to get it painted or dipped. The costs are just under believable to have it either way. You are very limited to just a few patterns that are just to commercial and where I hunt just does not fit the terrain. I appreciate your suggestion but I am just going to leave the bow the way it is Oneida North American Camo and the power limbs Black w/medium green maple leaf' s. Most of the patterns from companies that dip them are different colors but the same pattern and some of the patterns are not even listed on the company' s website but yet it is new or something i.e Trebark Superflage I have been to ten websites some are light some are medium and others appear to be dark. I am concerned since you are sending your bow out that you really have no idea how it will return. At least before having it painted you had some input as to colors and patterns and it being dark or medium or light in color with film dipping it is a tough thing to know just what you might get. I would prefer Predator Fall Grey, or Skyline Excel, Diamondback, Natgear or ASAT, but they aren' t available in a film Dip Process. The Ones that are, are TreBark Big Woods or Sniper, most Mossy Oak Patterns, and the same for RealTree. Most of the Camo Clothing follow the trends of the Big Manufacturers Bass Pro and Cabela' s last year since these were the newest they were mostly what was available Advantage Timber and Mossy Oak New Break Up. I guess I am just not one that likes the most common patterns so I guess I will just leave it as it is and hope it works for my hunting situation here in Michigan...
Thanks...