Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

CZ Rifles

Old 02-08-2005, 05:14 PM
JTW

Default CZ Rifles

I am interested in a CZ chambered in a .223. I have looked at them and like the feel of them. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them. Are they good quality and how is the accuracy.

Thanks
Old 02-08-2005, 05:46 PM

Default RE: CZ Rifles

I looking to pick one up myself, soon. Probably, one of the finest rifles on the market. IMO
Old 02-08-2005, 08:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

The only CZ I own is a 22 and its the most accurate RF I have ever had, at 30 yards 5 shots is just one hole, and I hear the CF rifles are some of the most accurate rifles there are. I wish I owned more of them.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Stalker6
Probably, one of the finest rifles on the market. IMO
Ummm... From what I have heard they are very accurate rifles and maybe the best bang for the buck... To say they are one of the FINEST rifles on the market is a little misleading. They don't compare to say the Sako's, Cooper's, Kimbers, etc. of the world in terms of fit/finish. They ones I have handled the bolt has beed pretty rough, but I do have to say FOR THE MONEY, the wood is really nice. I have thought about picking one up myself.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:42 PM

I bought a CZ 550 in 6.5x55 several months ago and put a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 scope on it. It is easily the most accurate out-of-box rifle I've ever owned. I got five shot 1 inch groups at 100 yards with PMC factory ammo. Still working up a handload.

They come from the factory with lapped barrels and pillar bedding. The single set trigger is great at the range although I'm not sure it will be useful hunting; the regular trigger pull is slightly creepy but lightenough to be still very good. Fit and finish is excellent. I am very fond of the Mauser claw extractor and controlled feed (although after hunting with my Remington 700 I don't consider these to be absolute necessities for non-dangerous game.) Rings are included and the price is very low.

I recommend them highly.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:48 PM

They're ok, but I wouldn't give up my Savage to get one. I don't think they are the most accurate out of the box rifles made.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

They don't compare to say the Sako's, Cooper's, Kimbers, etc. of the world in terms of fit/finish.
They don't compare with Sakos, coopers, Kimbers in price either
Old 02-09-2005, 07:25 AM

Slamfire makes a good point here. If I wanted something in a standard US caliber such as .270, .308 or .30-06, I would probably opt for a Savage if I wanted the best combination of low cost, out-of-box accuracy and serviceability. CZ rifles are great, but Savage has made it their mission to provide affordable accuracy.

Come to think of it, there aren't too many rifles made these days that don't have their better points!

ORIGINAL: Slamfire

They're ok, but I wouldn't give up my Savage to get one. I don't think they are the most accurate out of the box rifles made.