Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Anyone know anything about CZ rifles

Old 12-02-2004, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone know anything about CZ rifles

I need a new .22lr, and a new predator rifle. I was looking around and came across the CZ website. I have never seen one in person, and i dont know much about them. As a .22 lr are they a good buy. I dont want something that is crappy. Also as a predator rifle i was thinking either a .243, or a .223. I am just looking at some advise on what to buy. Any good info would be great

Thanks,
Steve
Old 12-02-2004, 02:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anyone know anything about CZ rifles

I own a CZ 22LR and am extremely pleased with it...very well made and put together and it shoots tiny groups with cheap ammo. I have owned other relatively expensive 22's and this is heads and tails above them.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

How do the CZ rifles go as far as felt recoil too. Just curious. I am trying to decide on what rilfe i want, i know for sure i want it in .243
I also dont want to spend more than about 600 dollars
Old 12-02-2004, 06:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

IMO the CZ's are awesome guns, every one that I have saw shoots extremely well, and they are great looking too, not a cheap looking gun at all, they are as nice looking as some of our american made guns and better than some of them. The only one I have is a 22 but it out shoots every other 22 I have, I have talked to alot of people that have the CZ rifles, and I have not talked to anyone yet that is not completely satisfied, I have my eye on a new CZ in the 204 caliber right now as soon as I can come up with the funds, Maybe just maybe Santa will bring it to me.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:23 PM

This year I bought a CZ550 in 6.5x55 Swedish caliber. It is the most accurate out-of-box rifle I have ever owned, better than my 700 BDLs, Model 70 and way the heck better than my Ruger M77 MkII. WIth inexpensive PMC factory loads it delivers consistent 100 yard 5 shot groups of between 0.75" to 1.25". Haven't had it back to the range to develop a good handload yet. CZ laps their barrels, has pillar bedding standard, and the 550 has a single set trigger to boot.

The stock is somewhere between a Ruger M77 MkII and a Remington 700 ADL, nice but not overdone. Fit and finish are excellent. Price is beyond reasonable it is GREAT, especially considering that rings are included.

I think you would be very happy with a CZ rifle. I am delighted with mine.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:19 PM
Spike

I have a CZ 452 .22 WMR and I love it, the rifle shoots great and I use Winchester Supreme and they leave the muzzle at 2155 fps. The one thing I found amusing about the CZ is the front 3 inches of the barrel has a cover threaded on, which can be removed so you can install a “sound moderator attachment”. I would by another CZ rifle anytime
Old 12-02-2004, 09:47 PM

I bought a CZ550 Safari Magnum in 416 Rigby.

Awesome rifle (and cartridge)!
For my next rifle, if CZ makes one in the cartridge I want, then CZ is what I will buy.
Top notch IMHO, and now CZ-USA is doing the 3 WSM cartridges (270,7mm,300) in their Model 3 which is a direct knock off of the pre-1964 Win M-70.

CZ keeps getting better and better IMHO and is kicking arse and taking names.
BTW, the price.... you can't beat the price, go onto gunbroker.com. Did I mention you can't beat the price? Excellent, excellent value!

EKM