Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Burris Signature Rings >

Burris Signature Rings

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Burris Signature Rings

Old 01-31-2005, 03:25 PM
bigcountry

Default Burris Signature Rings

Well, I have had it with these rings. I had them on my 300RUM. My matte scope keeps moving under recoil.

The reason I got them was burris crap from the beginning. I gave 350 dollar for a used Burris signature 6-20 (I think), and the stupid things only have like 18MOA adjustment. So I ran out adjustement and need a good honest 8MOA elevation to do my long range fun at 600 yards. The signature comes with target knobs. But whats the use of target knobs if you can ulitilize them? Anyway I put on these signature series rings. And buy a insert kit. I have to keep shimming the rear and changing for seems like hours to get the scope where I could adjust up 8MOA and still have breathing room on the edges.

Well the scope nailed me with lack of eye relief so I sold it. Got another leupold thank goodness but figured I would leave the rings. I have had nothing but trouble out of em. I never did with my leupold. The torx screws keep coming loose, and now its tight but still moving. I see it has moved 1/2" from the shooting I did Sunday. I was wondering why I had trouble geting comfortable.

So anyway if you plan on mounting on a small bore rifle they might do fine. But they have burnt me for the last time.

Old 01-31-2005, 03:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Burris Signature Rings

one time i saw pic of a set of rings that didnt have the relief slot cut into them so they couldnt tighten.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:03 PM

hummmmmm....Ive got a set on an old rem 243 that perform flawlessly...These big magnums might be a problem....don't know...something sounds goofy...good luck, Rick
Old 02-01-2005, 07:10 AM
bigcountry

something sounds goofy
Wow, thats so wierd, the 243 and 300RUM are so simular. It must be something goofy since you are haveing such terrific luck on a 243.

Old 02-01-2005, 07:52 AM

Big

FWIW my brother in law just bought a light 300 RUM and he's had Leupold rings, old Redfield rings on and both of them let the scope slip. We are somewhat at a loss other than going to something tactical like badger for more surface area. It may not be the fault of the rings and inserts as I've used them up to and on a 300 wtby so far with no problems. It may be the nature of the beast. I know that the 338 Edge I'm having built the smith suggests other than standard rings for the scopes.

FWIW my brother in law wants to loctite his scope in place......

Let us know what works, I may need the info also.

Jeff
Old 02-01-2005, 08:34 AM
bigcountry

What worked on two other RUM's and I should have done in the first place was put my leupold rings back on when I sold that first burris signature scope.

For it to work, I had to lap the rings with the wheeler kit. Also degrease the scope where the rings will be. Degrease the rings. Also, a something I notice some having luck with is putting a small piece of doublestick tape down in the rings. It won't hurt anything as long as you put it uniform. If I lapped, I have yet for the leupolds to slip. lastly, I put locktight blue on ring torx screws. One RUM I had never moved that was a lightwieght BDL that would wack you real good. The setup I have now is a custom heavy "target" gun. still wacks ya nicely.

2nd thing to work was a pair ARMs tactical rings (basically badger) and badger base on a PSS I had. But they were heavy, very expensive and too high for my shooting. But they would hold anything.

Will the leupolds work with out all that work? The did on Win mags and weatherbys I had.

I just want to get the word out on the signature rings. At least one mans experience.

Old 02-01-2005, 08:40 AM
bigcountry

One more thing, I would stay away from gloss scopes. The matte seems to do better according to several mags. But thats magizines. And you know how that info goes.

Old 02-01-2005, 12:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not crazy about Leupold rings either but they are better then the Burris Signatures..They sit to high and loosen up too often to be taken seriously.
Old 02-01-2005, 12:53 PM
bigcountry

Man, what choices do you have left for under 50 dollars?

Old 02-01-2005, 01:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Actually BC on my trip to Bama I stopped at a well stocked gun shop and found Zeiss Rings. My buddy bought a pair for his Springfield Armory scoped Sendero...THe SA scope weighs 32 ounces ..it slipped like crazy with Leupold Rings but didnt move at all with the Zeiss Rings. Price of Rings was 46 dollars

Quick Reply: Burris Signature Rings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.