HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Burris Signature Rings
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2005, 08:34 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Burris Signature Rings

What worked on two other RUM's and I should have done in the first place was put my leupold rings back on when I sold that first burris signature scope.

For it to work, I had to lap the rings with the wheeler kit. Also degrease the scope where the rings will be. Degrease the rings. Also, a something I notice some having luck with is putting a small piece of doublestick tape down in the rings. It won't hurt anything as long as you put it uniform. If I lapped, I have yet for the leupolds to slip. lastly, I put locktight blue on ring torx screws. One RUM I had never moved that was a lightwieght BDL that would wack you real good. The setup I have now is a custom heavy "target" gun. still wacks ya nicely.

2nd thing to work was a pair ARMs tactical rings (basically badger) and badger base on a PSS I had. But they were heavy, very expensive and too high for my shooting. But they would hold anything.

Will the leupolds work with out all that work? The did on Win mags and weatherbys I had.

I just want to get the word out on the signature rings. At least one mans experience.