Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Guns
 Top: Please Pin: Online Gun Buying/Trading tips >

Top: Please Pin: Online Gun Buying/Trading tips

Guns Buy, sell, or trade your guns and gun accessories here.

Top: Please Pin: Online Gun Buying/Trading tips

Old 12-23-2004, 01:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default Top: Please Pin: Online Gun Buying/Trading tips

Hi guys, I wanted to list a few tips that I use to aviod getting scammed or ripped of when buying or trading online.

1: I NEVER buy/sell/or trade with anyone outside of the United States.

2: I always try to get online references from the seller.

3: I ask to have the rifle graded by a gunsmith, before purchasing.

4: I only accept Postal money orders, personal check, and Paypal for payment. With a personal check I hold gun 15days after payment before shipment. I prefer paypal with the guns condition, serial number, and description. It is a valuable reciept for both parties.

5: Ask for the serial number, and have it checked.

6: I ship only to FFL's unless it's a face to face deal, which I get a reciept.

7: I ask for a copy of the FFL dealers licsense before shipment.

8: I like to have several pictures to view and I save these in case of a mis graded gun.

9: I like to talk with seller over the phone before purchasing.

10: I always ship and ask for the gun I get to be shipped with insurance and delivery confirmation, along with tracking and shipping reciept.

These 10 steps may cost you a little time, and a little more with shipping but, it's well worth your money with all the scams and false deals out there. These are just a few guidelines I use when trading,buying and selling online and I thought I'd share with anyone new to online gun dealing.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:36 AM

Default RE: Top: Please Pin: Online Gun Buying/Trading tips

I have got one more tip for buyers. Require that you have at least a 72 hour inspection period where you can go to the FFL that you had the gun shipped to and look at it without picking it up. 72 hours is the least amount of time I would ask for. Many sellers are giving 7 days.

Below is a link that is a great website for selling or buying used or new guns.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/

Good luck and keep your powder dry!
Old 01-29-2006, 02:40 PM

Default Dont use pay pal

They just dropped me for using them to receive payment for thesell of a rifle. It was in the rules, so it is my fault. It was a legal transaction FFL etc. No 2nd chances either. I am dumped. They sure took their % before duming me too. No refund either.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:57 AM

Default RE: Dont use pay pal

Good tips. Sorry to hear that texasupton
Be sure to always call the buyer over the phone.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by texasupton
They just dropped me for using them to receive payment for thesell of a rifle. It was in the rules, so it is my fault. It was a legal transaction FFL etc. No 2nd chances either. I am dumped. They sure took their % before duming me too. No refund either.
Yep. Shame on you for using PayPal in the first place. It's no secret that PayPal is owned and operated by eBay, and it's no secret that eBay is EXTREMELY ANTI-GUN, so it should come as no surprise that they won't let you use your PayPal account to buy a gun. You can't even sell brass and bullets (NOT loaded ammo) on eBay anymore. They used the Virginia Tech shooting as an excuse to severely restrict the sale of gun related items, even though the shooter didn't buy components through eBay.

I won't use PayPal anymore, both for this reason, and because if you are a seller receiving a payment via PayPal, they can and will hold your money for an indefinite period of time with no recourse to "protect the buyer".

Mike
Old 08-21-2010, 07:47 AM
Banned

Hello,
It's important to ask why the gun is being sold. In most cases, the seller simply wants to get rid of it, or may just want the money to put toward a different gun. If your question goes unanswered, or if it isn't answered to your satisfaction, forget it. Any honest seller will answer all your questions with no hesitation.

You can decide whether or not to deal with this person depending on those answers. Maybe someone wasn't happy with the accuracy of a small revolver with a three-inch barrel, but you're looking for a self-defense gun... a short, handy gun that will preserve your hide in close quarters. No problem in a case like that, but if a gun is being sold due to problems with the mechanism, jamming, misfiring, etc, you will do well to look elsewhere.

thanks!!

Old 06-02-2013, 03:29 PM
Spike

I’m new with hunting and planning to buy air gun this weekend. Since I’m new I don’t what to buy and other things I need to know in buying guns.

Thanks for these tips, I know its old thread but I just like to send my gratitude at least now I’m bit informed to avoid being scam.

Last edited by B1rdHunt3r; 06-11-2013 at 01:48 AM.