HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Top: Please Pin: Online Gun Buying/Trading tips
Old 07-15-2009, 12:34 PM
driftrider
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by texasupton
They just dropped me for using them to receive payment for thesell of a rifle. It was in the rules, so it is my fault. It was a legal transaction FFL etc. No 2nd chances either. I am dumped. They sure took their % before duming me too. No refund either.
Yep. Shame on you for using PayPal in the first place. It's no secret that PayPal is owned and operated by eBay, and it's no secret that eBay is EXTREMELY ANTI-GUN, so it should come as no surprise that they won't let you use your PayPal account to buy a gun. You can't even sell brass and bullets (NOT loaded ammo) on eBay anymore. They used the Virginia Tech shooting as an excuse to severely restrict the sale of gun related items, even though the shooter didn't buy components through eBay.

I won't use PayPal anymore, both for this reason, and because if you are a seller receiving a payment via PayPal, they can and will hold your money for an indefinite period of time with no recourse to "protect the buyer".

Mike