Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Hunters killed in WI!! >

Hunters killed in WI!!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Hunters killed in WI!!

Old 11-28-2004, 05:20 PM

Default RE: Hunters killed in WI!!

The story's getting clearer now. There is such a thing as an assult rifle. An SkS is not one. It's the same idea as a ruger deerfield, or rem 7400. With a good softpoint, it will kill a deer as well as any 30-06 or .300, within it's optimum range. As for the 20 round mag, I see no need for it on a deer gun.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:24 PM

All I can say is that it's a damn shame all around.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a huge blow to us sportsman. They said he was using a SKS and (common hunting rifle). I don't know anyone that uses a SKS for deer hunting.
the first article i read said it was a SKS assault rifle lol then another I read said it was a common hunting rifle LOL To me an SKS is neither, an SKS is asfar as classifications go no different then a M-1 garand they are both vintage military service rifles from around the same era the only difference is the M-1 is a quality american made rifle and the SKS is a cheap commy made rifle ( an sks in original condition is top loaded into a 10 round fixed magazine with stripper clips or by hand deffinately not an assault rifle. ROFL).

The true deffinition of an assault rifle according to a marine friend of mine: A rifle or machine gun capable of sustaining a high rate of automatic fire for a substancial period of time between magazine changes. So basically a true assault rifle is a fully automatic weapon which is fed either by belt or drum magazines. But the key word here is "Automatic" not Semi-automatic. And automatics have been banned for nearly 80 years. these quote experts in the media dont know sh!t
Old 11-29-2004, 09:24 PM
bigcountry

Well my definition is pretty easy and has alot of common sense when it comes to assult rifles. Rifles produced to assult someone or some army. Usually produced with the intention of fighting wars with.

I know some will get on here and say, what about the modified model 70's and 700's used as sniper rifles in vietnam.

I don't know guys, its pretty clear to me.

Old 11-30-2004, 02:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I found a copy of the actuall police statement online, Vang did not have an SKS. The rifle he had is not even classified or considered to be any sort of or reminant of an assault rifle.........

What he had a was a Saiga Sporter 7.62x39mm, Im attaching a picture of a saiga. Saiga's are a current production rifle imported by EAA, and are intended to be a hunting rifle......

Old 11-30-2004, 02:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

even according to the Brady bill which was written by liberals...... doesnt even classify an sks as an assault rifle............. Also the Saiga's were manufactured after the brady bill and donnot have any of the features which would classify a rifle as a quote assault rifle. I am highly irritated that the media said vang had an assault rifle. According to the brady bill a firearm must have atleast (3) of the following features to be classified as an assault rifle: detachable magazine, thumbhole/pistol grip, Flash supressor, bayonet lug, and/or folding/collapsable stock. Do you see 3 or even just 2 of these features on the Saiga sporter??????? A BIG FAT NO!!!!! According to us and the liberals this rifle is not an assault rifle. But I guess the media knows all.............. And the majority of americans are so dumb they'll believe anyting they see on TV or read in the news paper.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well figured i would post to put this thread back at the top was kinda interested in hearing everyones opinion on the info I discovered.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

This doesn't bode well for our fair weather 2nd amendment friends when the rifle use in the killing was a.....
wait...
here it comes...

A HUNTING RIFLE
Old 12-03-2004, 09:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: biscuit jake I'll admit I give most civilians in the weeds with an assualt rifle a real wide berth unless I know them personally and their reputation. Poor souls.

[b] Contrary to what the liberal media would have Americans believe, the SKS is no more an assault rifle than is the M1, M1A, the Remington 7400 series, or the BAR! Neither is the .45 ACP M911A1 a "semiautomatic assault pistol", nor is the Remington 1100 an "assault shotgun"!!

My understanding is that this murderous Hmong used a Saiga in 7.62X39mm, which is a Kalashnikov semiauto-only action with a sporter stock and 22" barrel. This ain't an assault rifle either!!
Old 12-03-2004, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigcountry Well my definition is pretty easy and has alot of common sense when it comes to assult rifles. Rifles produced to assult someone or some army. Usually produced with the intention of fighting wars with.
I know some will get on here and say, what about the modified model 70's and 700's used as sniper rifles in vietnam. I don't know guys, its pretty clear to me.

So, according to your definition, the Model 1803 Harper's Ferry .54 cal. flintlock rifle, all the CW .58 rifle-muskets, the Trapdoor Springfield, the .30/40 Krag, the 1903 Springfield, the SMLE, the 1917 Enfield, etc., would all be assault rifles. I guess military smoothbore muskets would be excluded from your definition because they are smoothbores, and not rifles??

I think your definition is somehow lacks something......

Quick Reply: Hunters killed in WI!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.