HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunters killed in WI!!
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2004, 03:19 AM
HighDesertWolf
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunters killed in WI!!

Thats a huge blow to us sportsman. They said he was using a SKS and (common hunting rifle). I don't know anyone that uses a SKS for deer hunting.
the first article i read said it was a SKS assault rifle lol then another I read said it was a common hunting rifle LOL To me an SKS is neither, an SKS is asfar as classifications go no different then a M-1 garand they are both vintage military service rifles from around the same era the only difference is the M-1 is a quality american made rifle and the SKS is a cheap commy made rifle ( an sks in original condition is top loaded into a 10 round fixed magazine with stripper clips or by hand deffinately not an assault rifle. ROFL).

The true deffinition of an assault rifle according to a marine friend of mine: A rifle or machine gun capable of sustaining a high rate of automatic fire for a substancial period of time between magazine changes. So basically a true assault rifle is a fully automatic weapon which is fed either by belt or drum magazines. But the key word here is "Automatic" not Semi-automatic. And automatics have been banned for nearly 80 years. these quote experts in the media dont know sh!t