Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Tasco Scope Returns >

Tasco Scope Returns

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tasco Scope Returns

Old 11-14-2004, 05:17 AM
Fork Horn

Default Tasco Scope Returns

Does anyone know where to return a Tasco World Class 3-9 X40 scope for service/replacement? Yep! she blew apart on my 35 Rem Marlin 336CS and with factory loads no less. Blew the inside lense out of its mount and it went rattling down the tube. I think once fixed (if possible) it will reside on the 22 mag rifle. Seems that the 35 rem load is too much for the product?????????? Go Figgure
Old 11-14-2004, 07:29 AM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: Tasco Scope Returns

Sorry to say it, but Trashco didn't get that nickname for nothing... Sorry can't help you with your returns question... but it should be on their website and pretty easy to find.
Old 11-14-2004, 09:37 AM

Send to
Tasco
Attn.: Repairs
8500 Marshall Dr.
Lenexa, Kansas 66214

I have owned many Tascos and have never had to return one and the life time warranty is great. I have one that is 12 years old and mounted on a .300wsm I feel you just got a defective one. JMO Every scope out there has a bad nick name cause they all make a few defective ones and most have the same warranty as Tasco. Yes there are higher quality scopes out there but I cant afford their ridiculous prices. Now this is only my opinion and not meant to p anybody off but the only scope worth $1000.00 would have to be a night vision scope with built in range finder that automatically adjusts for you. Then should have a Life time warranty for that price. Even a 5 or 600 dollar scope I cant afford and If I could I would rather put the money on a Rifle!
Old 11-14-2004, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Tasco was taken over by bushnell recently so if the tasco address is no longer valid try contacting bushnell.As far as tasco's durab ility is concerned,I have only seen three brands of scopes fail,those being nikko sterling,BSA and tasco.Coincidently I have seen more than one of each fail even though none of the three are very common in my area.
Old 11-14-2004, 01:52 PM

I've never owned a Tasco optical device that has been satisfactory, including a microscope, spotting scope, and binoculars. If you can get it fixed, great, but think about how things would be if your Tasco fails when you're on the hunt of a lifetime. I would recommend spending the extra money on a higher quality scope. A great scope for the money is the Bushnell Trophy. A 3-9x40 can be had new for well under a hundred dollars. I've got two of these, as well as two Zeiss Conquests, and the Bushnell Trophy is a great value. The Zeiss scopes are better of course, but not five times better, though they cost five times as much as the Bushnells; you don't have to pay a fortune to get serviceable optics.

I would not consider Tasco to be servicable optics, based on my own experiences. Please note that I am not trying to be insulting, I am just relating my experiences.
Old 11-15-2004, 04:27 AM
Fork Horn

My other guns sport Redfield, Simmons Aetec, Simmons Pro Diamond, Bushnell and 1 Cabelas and all but the Aetecs have had a problem at one point or another. The Tasco will be replaced by an Aetec and the repaired Tasco will sit atop the 22 mag. What I did not mention was that scope has 12 deer to its credit including 2 big 10 pointers and a VERY large 8 point. 11 out of the 12 were 1 shot kills. Never had to readjust that scope in all those years after the initial sight in with the exception of changing ammo brands. My biggest problem on the hunt of a lifetime was with that POS company called Remington........between the 270 and the 35's I have a row of rounds with big dents in the primers and no KABOOM. I keep them right here at my desk to constantly remind me to NEVER buy a Remington product again.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:56 AM
Typical Buck

I'm not suprised you had problems with all the scopes you mention,It's just a matter of time before you add Simmons to that list.Spend the extra $ and by a better quality scope like Leupold,you do get what you pay for in optics,cheap usually = junk when it comes to scopes.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Send to
Tasco
Attn.: Repairs
8500 Marshall Dr.
Lenexa, Kansas 66214

thats bushnells address too.
Old 11-16-2004, 06:00 AM
Fork Horn

In its day the Redfield was a top line scope, its at least 25 years old now and had a seal let go the 2nd year, repaired (or replaced dont recall) for free and still shooting today after hundreds of rounds. The Simmons Pro diamong was bad out of the box, suspect damage in shipping, sent it back to Cabelas and got a new one that sits atop my 50 inline that has maybe 200 rounds with Cleanshot 110 gr and more recently I would guess over 125 rounds of 777 (2/3 way thru my my 3rd box of pellets) running 100 grains thru that. The Aetecs sit atop a 35 Whelen/Mauser conversion, a Marlin 444SS and yet another 35 cal Marlin 336CS. The Aetecs have NEVER had a problem and they have seen some abuse, the 444 and 35 Whelen pack a decent recoil. Like the Tasco world class I picked 1 of the Aetecs up on ebay, The Tasco and the Aetec were sold as a pair and the winning bid was $75 I am with Idahunter here and I dont see any reason that my scope should cost as much as the guided hunt. My animals are just as dead with the Aetec as the guy with the Swarovski, and dont kid yourself, they can ALL fail. A good friend and hunting buddy cam into a few extra $ and treated himself to a new Weatherby and topped it with a big name scope. We all marvelled at its clarity and set up to shoot, his nice new $800 optical wonder went to pieces in 4 shots. You want to talk about pissed, then he gets static from customer service and 3 weeks later his problem was finall resolved (that was already 1 week into the season) I currently own 12 guns that are scoped, at an average of $300 for your so called quality scope I need to shell out $3600 to keep up? I dont have that kind of dough hanging around, if you do so be it. We all make do with what we can afford.
Old 11-16-2004, 06:06 AM
Fork Horn

PS. The Cabelas scope sits on my other 50 inline and I dont expect that to last very long, it is a very poorly built scope. It almost feels as if you could crush the tube with your fingers. I will be taking that one off and swap it out with an old Weaver that is on a 22 for the kids. It is a 2-7 X 32 pine ridge. This is the only scope I have that I consider JUNK but it will find a place that will serve it well. It will be replaced by a Simmons Pro Diamond just like its twin brother.

Quick Reply: Tasco Scope Returns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.