Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Tasco Scope Returns >

Tasco Scope Returns

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tasco Scope Returns

Old 11-16-2004, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tasco Scope Returns

I would not even bother to send the Trashco back for repairs! You'd be better off canning the Trashco and getting something better!
I learned this the hard way! I had a Trashco break at the gun range, sent it in for repairs, and the "new" one that they sent me, failed on a deer hunt!
Old 11-16-2004, 08:24 PM
Fork Horn

Nobody seems to read ALL THE POST............Once bitten twice shy............It searved me well and put a bunch of venison in the freezer. Confidence is lost and it will sit atop the 22mag once repaired. Might not buy another Tasco at retail but if I find a good deal on one and I have a gun that it will suit, I will buy it.
Old 11-17-2004, 08:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Rodsmith, mine lasted for about 5 years, the point is a GOOD scope should last a LIFETIME! Yes, all scopes are man-made thus they are all imperfect! However, with quality glass, you will have way less chances of a malfunction! You could not give me another Trashco!
Old 11-17-2004, 03:24 PM
Fork Horn

Jag
The point I tried to make above was that the Tasco will go on the 22 mag, this gun at best might pick off the odd Yote or Grouse and if a deal is found on another it will go onto another gun that would suit it. By that I mean one of the kids other 22's. Damn if I am gonna spend over $30 for a 22 scope that the kids bounce around. Once they get a little responsibility built up in em then that will change. You will still not get me buying a $300+ scope for any of my gunz, just dont see the value in it. These Aetec's are just fine and fit the budget.