Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 what do u think about the benelli nova? >

what do u think about the benelli nova?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

what do u think about the benelli nova?

Old 10-18-2004, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default what do u think about the benelli nova?

i am thinkin about getting a different shotgun. i have an older mod 870 that only shoots 2 3/4 out of it. and i want alittle more bring down power. i realy like my 870, but have shot and liked the nova. or should i just go with another 870 supermag. i want to be able to shoot 3 1/2 inch. i figure that if i am gettin a new shotgun i mise well get it so i can shoot 3 1/2 cuz if i want to i can.

thnks
Old 10-18-2004, 07:15 PM

Default RE: what do u think about the benelli nova?

I have owned my Benelli Nova for over a year and half now. Have really put it through the paces and it has performed 100%. Great shooting and handling gun. I'm very happy with it.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:25 PM

Great gun for the money. Never had a problem out of mine. Very easy to take down to clean too.

Have been very satisfied.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have one and really like it. I have the 26 inch Camo model. Great Guns.!!!
Old 10-18-2004, 07:32 PM

I had a Nova that I traded away a few years ago. I miss it and I'm in the process of getting another one. I've never had an 870 but I know that many are devout fans. If you have shot and like both, you'd be as well served with whatever comes your way. I don't think that 3.5" shells are necessary for any game bird unless you goose hunt so much that you can't afford premium 3" non-toxics. Even in steel, a quality 3" load will do all that you need.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

it all depends. i jus wanted to know how u guys liked the nova. to see how durable they are. i know from experience that the 870 is. it all depends on what i can afford now. since i got college next yr need to start savin. but if i dont got a gun i cant go huntin next yr. cuz my dads gonna need his.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:57 PM

I borrowed a friends Nova for turkey hunting a couple of years ago and liked the look and feel of the gun, but his gun would make some noise from the pump/slide action if bumped even lightly, which I had reservations about for deer hunting. Just seemed to easy to make noise with it. Otherwise it's a nice looking/shooting gun.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:12 PM

I have an 870 12 Guage and a benili nova 12 gauge. I have to say I prefer my 870. It only reason for me is that the 870 seems to be a little heavier in the stock, so it is balanced a little better. The Benili has a comp stock that is about and inch shorter and is a lot lighter. I just don't do as well with it when I trap shoot. However, as far as the pump action and everything else about the benilli I realy like it.

I know I am probably the only one who is going to say that but that's my two cents worth.