Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
I almost bought a new >

I almost bought a new

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

I almost bought a new

Old 03-03-2002, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I almost bought a new

Savage yesterday.Can't remember which model it was . I believe it was the 111.I looked at so many different rifles. Blued steel,synthetic stock,heavy barrel without sights chambered in 223. Brand new for 379.00. I kept throwing it around and finally decided to pass it up. Now I'm wondering if I should have bought it. I want a rifle to Coyote hunt with in Georgia.Does 379.00 sound like a good price for this rifle?I have never owned a Savage but from reading the posts on here, sounds like the rifle to get.Which model Savage would you guys recommend? I prefer S/S with Synthetic stock. Does Savage make S/S guns? Thanks Ruger Redhawk
Old 03-03-2002, 04:22 PM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: I almost bought a new

RR, I think that price was pretty good for a heavy barrelled gun. I don't know if savage has stainless guns or not I think they do!

And Savage accuracy is every bit as good as you've been reading.

Old 03-03-2002, 04:37 PM

Ruger-Redhawk,
The Savage sounds like a 10FP or a 12FV. You can get a Savage in stainless, but their synthetic stocks suck. They make a SS model with a wood laminate stock that looks nice. Also the factory triggers are junk other than that they're okay.

Rem. 222
Old 03-03-2002, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the replies, I'll have to check into more about these Savage's.The S/S w/ Laminated stock does sound nice.I might even take a bigger plung and go with a Remington 700, Model 7 or another Ruger 77 MKII.Rem 222 like I said I saw so many rifles yesterday when I went to Bass Pro I couldn't keep the model numbers straight. Thanks for your help. Ruger Redhawk
Old 03-03-2002, 05:14 PM
O/U

I have a Savage 111 heavy brl. in 223. syn stk. Its one of the finest guns you can get and shoot right out of the box. The triger is one of the best with little or no work done to it.That is a great price for that gun. Only draw back is it is a single shot, but thats not much of a problem.

Have You Called Your Duck Today ?