Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 AWB Expired, anyone gonna buy anything? >

AWB Expired, anyone gonna buy anything?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

AWB Expired, anyone gonna buy anything?

Old 09-13-2004, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default AWB Expired, anyone gonna buy anything?

So is anyone planning on getting some new gear now that the AWB has expired.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: AWB Expired, anyone gonna buy anything?

I do not think I will be buying anything? I am not sure what all has been banned in the passed? AK-47's & other rifles that look like them have never tripped my trigger.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am not planning to buy anything now. However its nice that we can. Magazines is about all I might buy soon before the ban them again which they will if Kerry is elected. He Blasted Bush today for not doing more to extend the ban. The NRA says the Dems already have a plan to extend and expand the bill if Kerry is elected. He would sighn it for sure. The Guns and Ammo writer said this month that compared to Kerry, Al Gore was a poster boy for the NRA. Kerry has never failed to vote for a anti gun bill.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I plan on buying a few magazines for my Glocks but thats about it.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think it would be fun to buy a Telescoping stock for my AR-15, which I've got an "M-4" upper for, and it'll be easier to find high cap mags for my AR's and my pistols now, hopefully.....

Other than that, there's not much that is honestly going to change, which points out how useless the ban really was, there has never been a shortage of pre-ban rifles or accessories in the last decade, so there isn't a huge demand for them now.

Although I'd also like to pick up a Semiauto Thompson carbine or clone with a 100rnd drum, or maybe a dual drum for my SKS (which was already pre-ban anyway).
Old 09-13-2004, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Leaning towards a Ruger #1 in 260 Remington, since they don't make it in the 6.5 Swede. Sorry I am so retro! Never saw an assault rifle that I wanted to take home. Haven't handled an FN though. Always been curious.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

My question is this........now that "Pre Ban" guns are just guns again, and they were priced much higher than the post ban ones, are all the post ban AR's with pinned stocks, etc. now to be had for much cheaper?
I mean now that the AWB is over, nobody wants the post ban stuff right?

I was thinking about a RRA M4 style AR, in a post ban configuration before the expiration, should I expect that same gun to be had for less now?
Old 09-13-2004, 09:11 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah.............

Anybody got a flash hider with the bayonnet lug for a M14/M1A .................... and the M6 Bayonnet to go with it???
Old 09-13-2004, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unfortunately the only 'assault rifle' I've had my eyes on lately has an attached bayonet, grenade launcher, and flash hider but was already exempted from the AWB laws. Oh, welll, I'll have to buy that Yugo SKS now anyway, and add a nice synthetic folding stock because I now can
Old 09-14-2004, 12:22 AM
Fork Horn

No. And that's the rub the Dems don't want the general public to know. And BTW anybody see a terrorist at a gun show lately?

Quick Reply: AWB Expired, anyone gonna buy anything?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.