Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 AWB Expired, anyone gonna buy anything? >

AWB Expired, anyone gonna buy anything?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

AWB Expired, anyone gonna buy anything?

Old 09-18-2004, 10:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: AWB Expired, anyone gonna buy anything?

ORIGINAL: PAhunter86 So is anyone planning on getting some new gear now that the AWB has expired.
NO! It's only the street gangs which will benefit. At least, according to the cops that NBC News persuaded to tell the public that they are already being "out-gunned" again, two days after that fool law expired!

I say if any cops are actually being out-gunned, they have only themselves to blame. If I were being sent into an area where I expected to face an AK, I'd sure have something better! Just like I did in 'Nam!!

Old 09-18-2004, 10:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PAhunter86

And BTW anybody see a terrorist at a gun show lately?
Terrorists would probably be afraid to go to a gun show in America
Has anyone seen the gun bizarres they have in Pakistan and Afghanistan??? Why the hell would a terrorist want to try to buy a weapon here? Why would they need to? They have a much better selection in other countries, right at home, even!!
Old 09-20-2004, 06:43 PM

I'd buy me a drum magazine big enough to make my barrel hot enough to light a celebratory cigar! Enjoy it while you can, and stock up for when you cant.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:46 PM

Funny, when I was younger, semiauto versions of the various battle rifles really intrigued me. Somewhere along the way I must have turned into an old fart, because now all I care for are bolt action rifles. I never even make time to use my handguns anymore. Here in the People's Republik of Kahlifoaniah the gun laws are so restrictive that the lifting of the AWB means nothing anyway.

If I could have afforded an HK91 when I was a twentysomething I probably would have gotten one, though, as my friend's was actually a very accurate rifle.

ORIGINAL: PAhunter86

So is anyone planning on getting some new gear now that the AWB has expired.
Old 09-20-2004, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

For me, assault rifles are all sweat. Sporting and target arms are all fun. Somehow I have always managed to keep it straight. Now, if I just had that eagle eye and steady left hand under the forestock that I had 30 years ago....
Old 09-21-2004, 01:52 PM

I just started to build a M4 bushmaster 6 position collapsable stock, ewwweyy its going to be awsome. Im going to be broke after this project. I just cant descide between a trijicon acog or a aimpont comp ML2, any suggestions?