Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Oops!!!

Old 08-26-2004, 07:04 PM

Default Oops!!!

I was shooting with my buddy and he was shooting his 280 and i was shooting my 7mm-08. We were taking turns shooting and he had his sighted in and he said he would shoot one more shot. So he shot and it hit about 10 inches high on the paper, he couldn't figure out why untill he ejected his shell and it was one of my 7mm-08 shells. Could this have damaged his barrel? He shot a shot after that and it shot fine, but he was just wondering what kind of damage it may have done?
Old 08-26-2004, 07:20 PM

Default RE: Oops!!!

They are both .284 Caliber. It shouldn't have hurt the bbl. Thats how guns blow up.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:29 PM

Never do it! The bullet would have flown unsuspended in the chamber for a bit untill it hit the rifling. I imagine that if the bullet had left the case a little crooked, it could have smacked the side of the chamber some, but probably wouldn't be enough to do any real damage.

Your friend should be thankful you don't shoot a .308, That would have done some real damage, definately to his gun, and probably to him as well.

I can't understand how someone would not notice the difference between a 30-06 length case, and a .308 case. Always make sure that you are putting the right ammo in your gun! there is upwards of 50,000 PSI of force when you pull the trigger!
Old 08-26-2004, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

One type of ammo on the bench at any given time will help alleviate any further incidents of shooting the wrong ammo in the wrong firearm.