Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Which SCOPE for my gun? >

Which SCOPE for my gun?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Which SCOPE for my gun?

Old 08-21-2004, 09:51 PM

Default Which SCOPE for my gun?

Hey,
I'm going to be purchasing my first deer rifle in several weeks, Remington 700 ADL in a .30-06, so I'm looking for a good scope, one that I can have for years. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what scope I should purchase for this gun? Thanks.
Old 08-21-2004, 10:09 PM

Default RE: Which SCOPE for my gun?

I have minny scopes, most for long range comp. The last scope that I bought was a zise conquest, and i'm not shuer yet if I will by annything ells. The zise is just as clear if not clearer than scopes that I have spent 3x as much for. One thing that all of my scopes have in comin is that they have the yardige ajustmints on the side of the scope, and i love being abel to easaly crank in the yards without reaching out and twisting on the bell of the scope. For me there seams to be les movemint requierd, seams to be easerer, and I move my rifle less. Agine thats just me.

There are minny wonderful scopes out there, take a look threw as miny as you can. Whats good for one person may not be right for another!

Good luck in your serch!
Old 08-21-2004, 10:51 PM

Just bought a Bushnell Elite 3200 today, and I have to say it's fantastic. I highly recommend them.
Old 08-22-2004, 12:17 AM

I will second the Bushnell 3200 with Fire Fly, I got one today and I love it.
Old 08-22-2004, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is so many, that it's hard to start to pin point out one and say that this is the one. The end result is that the one buying the scope has to be happy with it. You didn’t mention what type of hunting, the type of terrain, what distance you plan on shooting and the most important is how much you plan on spending. Answer these questions and then you have an idea in which direction to goo
Old 08-22-2004, 09:12 AM

i have a nikon buckmaster 3X9 on my 300wsm and a leupold riflemen 4X12 on my 25-06 i would suggest either scope for your needs.
Old 08-22-2004, 09:26 AM

Scopes are a tool that most of us want to set and forget. We have to always take care not abuse optics, but other then that, the scope should not need re-zero every year. Scopes are something for which, you get what you pay. Good scopes are expensive. That said, my choice is the Burris Signature series, mounted on either Burris or Leupold rings and mounts. I have heard that Leupold scopes are also very good, but I got a Burris, years ago, loved it and have bought Burris optics ever since.
Old 08-22-2004, 10:56 AM

I like Leupold myself - have one on every rifle I own now. For big game hunting with a 30-06 I think a good all round scope choice would be the Vari-X III, 1-1/2 - 5x, or a
Vari-X II, 2-7x. Don't get hung up on more magnification. Unless you plan to use your
'06 for varmints also, these provide all the magnification you'll need for deer, and larger
game.