Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Anybody use Wipeout Bore Cleaner? >

Anybody use Wipeout Bore Cleaner?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Anybody use Wipeout Bore Cleaner?

Old 08-18-2004, 12:11 AM

Default Anybody use Wipeout Bore Cleaner?

This looks like the most intresting bore cleaner. You spray this foam down the barrel and u actually see the blue copper come out. Any expierence with this, im planning on giving my model 70 stainless a good cleaning with this. How good does it clean the bore?
Old 08-18-2004, 07:26 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Anybody use Wipeout Bore Cleaner?

Excellent cleaner. Alot of clones out there popping up. I have been using it exclusively for almost 2 years. I like to use Shooters Choice to remove the powder fouling and get down to the copper. Clean that out good. Then spray the wipe out in, and leave for 2 hours or so and plug the chamber with a patch and end of the barrel. Wipe that out and notice the blue coming out. I might decide that is enough. Or if I am really anal that day, I will put another squirt in there overnight and really clean the bore.

I have yet to see it rust my bore, or pit. Only down side its pricey.

Old 08-18-2004, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been using it a year or two now and my procedure is pretty much identical to what bigcountry does, Shooter's Choice for powder followed by Wipe-Out for copper. I'm pretty pleased with it.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:46 AM

Wipe out is the only way to go.
I run a bore snake through my barrel to get out the big stuff and then use wipe out for an hour. Usually takes 3 shots to get it really clean.
Three sprays, six patches later, done, no matter how dirty it was to begin with.
Why would you do it any other way?