Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
O/U for under $700 >

O/U for under $700

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

O/U for under $700

Old 02-25-2002, 01:17 PM

Default O/U for under $700

It is completely unreasonable to want a quality O/U shotgun for less than $700? I would love to have one, but can't even think about shelling out the bucks.
Old 02-25-2002, 02:14 PM

Default RE: O/U for under $700

I have the same problem, b/c id like to have one for skeet shooting and dove hunting. Some that i have found new are baikal(Russia) and stoeger. The baikal can run as low as $400 or lower for a brand new one. I havent shot either of these, but baikal is supposed to be one of russia's premeire gunmakers. Keep checking gunbroker.com for these brands and others.
Old 02-25-2002, 02:19 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-25-2002, 03:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

I used to have a Browning Citori, it was o.k. nothing to writer home about, I used it for clays. Stoeger has an o/u listed for $299. at Dicks Sporting goods, I have heard both ways on Stoeger so I really don't know...
Old 02-25-2002, 03:27 PM
Fork Horn

Well, that depends on how you define quality. The Baikal will probably hold up to anything %90 of the shooters out there will put it through. The fit and finish isn't great, but they are built fairly well. If you mean quality in terms of long polished forcing cones, mechanical trigger, beatiful wood and engraving, flawless fit and finish, and a famous name manufacturer then yes, it probably is unreasonable to expect it for under $700, but it is nice to dream.

Gordon
Old 03-07-2002, 11:59 AM

No one has mentioned what I feel is the best quality for the money o/u out there...BERETTA. To keep under $700 you will ofcourse have to go used, which is the route I took. I picked a used Beretta Onyx in really nice shape for $599.00. I have since sold it and upgraded to a Beretta Silver Pigeon. If you go new, consider spending $250 more and look at the Beretta Whitewing. It had a great review in last months issue of the NRA-American Hunter Magazine. Browning, Ruger are also nice. I just heard from my gunsmith that Benelli is running the show for Stoeger and have improved the Stoeger quality level greatly. May be an opportunity there as well. GOOD LUCK, YOU WILL LOVE THE O/U.
Old 03-07-2002, 12:42 PM
O/U

Take a look at the American Arms Silver.