Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Stoeger shotguns O/U vs SxS >

Stoeger shotguns O/U vs SxS

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Stoeger shotguns O/U vs SxS

Old 06-19-2004, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Stoeger shotguns O/U vs SxS

Im looking into getting a shotgun. I want a break action double barrel. I just cant decide on Over Under or SxS. Im wanting to get a stoeger and am sitting here reading there 2004 catalog. Im wanting to use this gun mainly for squirrel hunting with dogs and rabbit hunting. Maybe bust a few clay birds wich we do with single shots anyway. Question is, besides the looks is there any significant difrence in the Over Under and SxS, is one more suited for upland game bird hunting than it is small game hunting? Im leaning towards the Single trigger, when shooting my friends SxS 20 I seldom got off the 2nd shot, I couldnt get used to the 2nd trigger. This will most likely be a 12 gauge, does the 12 have a big advantage over the 20?
Old 06-19-2004, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stoeger shotguns O/U vs SxS

If I were in your situation, I would probably get the OU. This way, your windage sights are lined up, and you do not have to worry about different sighting positions. The single trigger would make for a quick second shot. As far as I know, you can get slings for shotguns, but don't know that any are specially made for them.
Old 06-19-2004, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the reply Charlie, it will help in making my decision. I edited the part about the slings out of my original post, dont know why i asked that, wasnt thinking
Old 06-19-2004, 05:16 PM
DM

I happen to like S by S's myself, but look them both over and decide for your self.

As for the triggers, i don't consider the double triggers to be there for a "fast second shot", to me there BEST use is because you have a different trigger for each choke!!!!. The way i use double triggers, is if a bird comes up close, i use the open choke bbl., if it comes up further out, i use the closed choke bbl.!!

It comes natural for me, as i learned to do this as a kid. With practise, anyone can learn to do this!

Drilling Man

Old 06-22-2004, 08:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Being the old fart that I am, I like the traditional feel of a SxS. I was using an old Baretta BL3 O/U for the past few years but I picked up a Baikal SxS this past fall and just like the fit and feel of it. I liked it so much I got the same gun with 20" barrels and extractors in lieu of ejectors for cowboy action shooting. took it out this weekend to try it out and I may just be using it for grouse come fall.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:22 PM

I have a Stoeger Condor o/u just bought it s few months ago. I have only shot it a few times but its a very good gun for the price.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:59 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-23-2004, 11:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks 4 the replys