Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Tranquilizer guns/darts..... >

Tranquilizer guns/darts.....

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tranquilizer guns/darts.....

Old 06-11-2004, 08:10 PM

Default RE: Tranquilizer guns/darts.....

MadCrazyHunter, your from Texas right??

In Texas you can trap/transport/relocate hogs any day of the week if you want to. They are considered exotics and/or pests, so there are very few rules/regulations concerning wild hogs.

Javelina are a different story. In Texas they are considered a game animal, so you have to get permits and all the BS that goes with it. Personally I have never heard of anybody trapping and relocating javelina, so I dont know what kinda of tags you would need. Of course you dont have to get the proper tags to trap and relocate a javelina, if a gamewarden catches you, you could always the dumb kid role. To be honest there is not much point in trapping just one javelina and moving it.

On the ranches that I manage, we trap and relocate deer on occasion. We have to get TTT permits each time we do it. There are alot of BS that goes with it and some times it seems like its more trouble then its worth. So most of the time I let the ranch secretary take care of it.

To be honest there is no point in trapping and relocting just 1 javelina. Where you catch 1 javelina at, you can reset assure that there are probably dozens more running around. It would be alot easier to just shoot each one that you see. Just because you dont eat them, dosent mean that you shouldnt try to control there numbers.
Old 06-12-2004, 05:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tranquilizer guns/darts.....

I work for a veterinary supply and get several calls for tranq. guns. Nasco farm and ranch supply sells them along with the darts and charges you will need, the only thing is , you have to have it shipped to an FFL dealer, BATF looks at them just like a regular firearm, you can call and order and pay for them but you will need to have a gun dealer receive it and do the proper paper work. And they are high for what they are.