Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 how much do you value your rights? ¤READ¤ >

how much do you value your rights? ¤READ¤

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

how much do you value your rights? ¤READ¤

Old 05-31-2004, 01:52 AM

Default RE: how much do you value your rights? ¤READ¤

Boy target puncher your fingers must hurt!

i just look back oh let say 140 or so years ago. we had a war over slaves. yeah yeah slaves were human beings BUT to the people of the time period they were property just a chain saw or gun is to us. basically the same constitution existed yet with the election of lincoln and his radical views of the time we ended up in war.

But to save my fingers the agony of a cyber arguement right now cause i know some will tear right into your post so i will say one thing.
as i read your post i just wanted to put a flower in my hair and give you one brother for we all need to just show each other some love.
I am just an extremist for considering the possibilitys of what could hypothetically happen. oh i just forgot people are different in this 21'st century.
Old 05-31-2004, 03:17 AM

No, actually, soarkrebel, my fingers are fine. Thanks for being concerned, though. Thanks also for the crude (and rather pathetic) attempt to sling mud in my direction.... by your "flowers in the hair" allusion. Not a terribly well-reasoned reply, if I might say so. By the way, if you actually read my previous post, you will see that I didn't call you (or anyone else) an extremist per se.... (certainly not for "considering the possibilities of what could hypothetically happen", anyway).... ALL I said was that, in essence, IF one is convinced that gun confiscation is likely to happen, or is indeed a forgone conclusion - and one believes that the proper way to deal with such an unlikely eventuality is violence... possibly including "opening fire" (as one writer put it), then I couldn't see how that individual could expect to be viewed as anything other than an extremist. This statement (though seemingly rather neutral), evidently upset you. If that was the case, I apologize. It was not my intention (as I stated toward the end of my post) to show disrespect toward anyone.
Just as you are stating your opinion.... I was doing the same. It seems odd to me that, to many others (I DON'T know if this includes you - and I am NOT saying that it does) - any viewpoint on this subject (that does not EXACTLY agree with their chosen position) is answered with emotion, particularly anger. My only purpose in posting on this matter was to express an opinion, just as others have, which I consider to be well-reasoned (I certainly insist that it is well - considered.... as I have been thinking about this issue for many years).
You may not agree with me.... that is your absolute right. But that fact does NOT invalidate my opinion.... any more than my opinion invalidates yours.
I am happy to have a calm, considered discussion of these matters, at any time. If anyone, however, simply wishes to trade insults (however lame they may be), or spout propaganda and platitudes, then count me out. I did say, at the very beginning of my last post, after all, that I was commenting against my better judgement. You may see what I meant by that.....
Old 05-31-2004, 03:23 AM

Just one more thing soarkrebel .... I'm sorry, but I must ask..... "Lincoln and his radical views " ???? Not to get off the track here, but, are you saying that Lincoln was a radical ?
Old 05-31-2004, 04:19 AM

My 2 cents. Soark wonders how many police/militry would walk away. Probably more police than military. As a current servicemember, I can't just walk off the job the way civilians or police can. The military generally frown on that sort of behavior - they call it AWOL (Or UA for my Navy/Marine brethern in the audience.) The ones that would walk away are the officers and senior NCOs that have the ability to resign/retire.

Targetpuncher posits that "It can't happen here." Look at the UK and Austrailia - It happened there. And it's happening in Canada right now. Senator Feinstein of California has been oft quoted that if she could have gotten enough votes to outlaw all guns she would have done it in a heartbeat, "That's it America, turn them all in," were her exact words. Bottomline - It can happen here, if we don't stay on our toes. The price of freedom is eternal vigilence.

Targetpuncher goes on to state that there is nothing that he's willing to commit murder. A laudable sentiment. I'm a resonable man, believing in the constitution and the rule of law. HOWEVER - If my family's lives or my property are threatened (I'm talking threat of destruction and loss of life, limb or eyesight) then I'll defend them with every fiber of my being. That's a pretty common sentiment not only here at this site, but across the nation. There are things that would push us all to take a life.

Yes, changing the constitution is a very difficult thing. But it can be changed. Some changes take years, decades to be approved. But other changes can happen quickly. The repeal of Prohibition comes to mind. It all depends on the popular wants of the polity. The antis realized long ago that to the American public percerption is reality. If they can get most Americans to perceive gun ownershp as a bad thing, then they can pass their agenda for a gun-free US. Fortunately for us gun-owners the antis have been singularly unsuccessful in changing America's views on guns. (Thank you Hollywood for churning out "Blockbusters" with tons of explosions and gun-play.)

Happy shooting, yall
Old 05-31-2004, 05:12 AM
Host of Hosts

If my family's lives or my property are threatened (I'm talking threat of destruction and loss of life, limb or eyesight) then I'll defend them with every fiber of my being. That's a pretty common sentiment not only here at this site, but across the nation.
How can anyone not feel this way. ^^^

Targetpunchers statement reminds me of a Brinks security or ADT security (not sure which it is) where the burgular breaks a window while the family is home and the alarm goes of and the family meets in a hallway by a phone and the husband stands there all scared behind his wife and kid while the wife gets a call from the security company.

I guess we are are nation full of emotional radicals accordinig to targetpuncher. Sorry to have to get emotional, but I can see your so much better than all the rest of us when it comes to politicaly correctly writing down your words. If you want to be full of love then thats your right, if I want to be angry about what has happened and is happening to our gun rights(partly due to attitudes like yours) and defend them that's my duty! I have plenty of love who those who love back!
Old 05-31-2004, 05:29 AM
Host of Hosts

if you REALLY believe that there IS a nationwide conspiracy of people who, in fact, have the power to (now, or in the future) confiscate your guns -
OK lets say they don't actually come and confiscate them. If they make them all illegal then what good are they if you can't go out to the range and shoot them? Didn't Germany have a simular situation? wasn't there a confiscation (after registration) over there? What about England? Who else? Australia? Cananda is going through the steps to confiscation aren't they? Japan? I'll bet others cane come up with a few more....
Old 05-31-2004, 07:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

you are telling us that you would resort to (possible) murder or mayhem to save your guns ? I'm sorry, but I fail to see that that kind of attitude is reasonable... or indicative of someone who truly believes in the Rule of Law -
Yeah I guess you could say that,

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Benjamin Franklin

it is obviously a work of fantasy to think that there could be such a large, well-organized conspiracy (and a conspiracy is EXACTLY what would be required).... that could overpower all of the legal gun owners (more than 1/3 of the population)
LOL would'nt be to hard at all if we all had your attitude, you need to be thankful for "radicals" like us.
Old 05-31-2004, 08:42 AM

I do not consider myself an extremist or a radical. For 19 years I have borne true faith and allegiance to the Constitution of the United States and defended it against all enemies, foreign and domestic as a soldier in the United States Army. In my career, I've been stationed/deployed to places that have restrictive gun ownersip laws. Did I feel any safer in those places than in the US? Do I hold these countries up as a model for what the US should follow? NOPE!! If anything I felt less safe in knowing that there were only two types of people that had guns - Police (Not enough of them) and criminals (Too many to count)
Old 05-31-2004, 08:47 AM

For those who would fight... by that I mean, use violence...is that TRULY what you would do ? I do not wish to be mistaken - I, like you, am a gun owner - and I don't want to lose my guns any more than any of you - but, you are telling us that you would resort to (possible) murder or mayhem to save your guns ?
You are not a man if you would not fight to protect the constitution. You are not a man if you would not fight to stop something that is wrong.

"The only thing necessary for evil to conquer, is for good men to do nothing."
Old 05-31-2004, 08:55 AM

This is one of those topics I just know I should stay out of, but Gun Control and the Civil War. Dang. For the record Lincoln was a moderate, hardly a radical. Lincoln would have left things as were to keep the Union intact. He REALLY didn't want to fight a war he didn't know if he could win.
As for the gun issue... well Gentlemen we need both of you. We need the measured approach of targetpuncher to keep the debate civil, but sometimes we need the heated kick and holler approach to get some attention. When its needed a good kick in the can can be very motivating.
I doubt we will see the removal of guns in my grandkids life time even if we do nothing. If we raise our children right with a respect for firearms and consitution we shouldn't have a problem down the road either.
In my opinion I don't think we really need too many gun regulations, but a good supply of "parenting" regulations would be nice.

Quick Reply: how much do you value your rights? ¤READ¤

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.