Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Got a dilema... Need your Help >

Got a dilema... Need your Help

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Got a dilema... Need your Help

Old 05-29-2004, 07:23 AM
Host of Hosts

Default Got a dilema... Need your Help

I would always be the last guy to tell anyone or recommend selling any of my firearms, but..........

I have 3 guns all different Manufactures, but all the same caliber.

One of them is not longer made and it is probably the one I like the most, but not as accurate as the 2 others.

The second one is a composite stocked ADL 24inch barrel for hunting the bad weather conditions. I like the longer barrel for some reason. And it shoots decent groups with 3 different ammos.

The last one I have is a laminate stocked 22 in barreled ADL which is also a good foul weather gun , but it so far it shoots pretty darn good groups. This is my newest rifle.

I had surgery last week and I will need to have some money until the Ins. checks come in probably not until I'm back to work June 14.

What would you do?
Old 05-29-2004, 11:55 AM

Default RE: Got a dilema... Need your Help

Man, nobody can really make that decision but you. I know that for various reasons over the years, I've bought and then had to sell my share of guns.

You have to eat, and you have to take care of family. Guns can be replaced. Ewww, did I say that?
Old 05-29-2004, 01:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

How many can you afford to keep? If you can keep two, keep the oldie and the one other that shoots best. Otherwise, sell the two that can still be replaced later due to still being in production!
Old 05-29-2004, 02:49 PM
Host of Hosts

How many can you afford to keep?
I guess in reality I don't have to sell any,I can probably get by with a little penny pinching, but is it logical to have 3 of the same caliber?
Old 05-29-2004, 06:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would have said a few years back, Sure it makes sense to have more than one. However in my older years to keep things simple I am starting to thin out my arsenal. Not to thin though
Old 05-29-2004, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry to hear about your surgery! At least it sounds like you'll be ready before hunting season comes around!
As for which gun to sell, every gun that I've ever got rid of, I've wished to have it back!
Old 05-29-2004, 08:45 PM

Pawn one or all of them. Then you will still have them when your checks start coming in.
Selling them will give you more money. If you can swing it, don't sell them. Pawn is the way to go.
Old 05-29-2004, 11:52 PM

If you really need the money, I'd say keep your older rifle and get rid of your two ADL's. They are't very expensive, and they are very common so your chances of finding a good used one if you decide you want them again are very good.
Old 05-30-2004, 06:26 AM
Host of Hosts

Sorry to hear about your surgery! At least it sounds like you'll be ready before hunting season comes around!

Thanks JAG, It was fairly minor surgery, but enough to miss about a months work. That is what started this whoke thing I was sure I wanted to get rid of my last one because it was never fired. But I said to myself what if turns out to be the best shooter of the bunch, so I shot it and it was. Should have never done it.
Old 05-31-2004, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: fight4yourguns

How many can you afford to keep?
I guess in reality I don't have to sell any,I can probably get by with a little penny pinching, but is it logical to have 3 of the same caliber?

It sure is, if you really like all three! I once had five in 7X57mm, a Ruger M77, a No. 1A, and three different military M98 Mausers. My son ran off with the M77, sold two Chilean Oberndorf M35's (Kar98 type), and kept the 1A and the Venezuelan FN M1924.....