Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Dilema

Old 11-18-2006, 05:55 AM

Default Dilema

Hey all,

I wanted to get anyones opinion on this situation I have. here it is

I am going to buy a nonresident tag for MN, I have the choice of bow hunting for ONE weekend up north by the Lake of the Woods on private land. Or Muzzleload with my Dad and brother for three weekends closer to where I live. The bowhunting will be done by myself.

What would you do? Oh and the Muzzleloader license is about 100 bucks cheaper
Old 11-18-2006, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dilema

Well I say archery hunt, but thats all I do. As far as the tag, you better check that a bit closer. I think a NR archery tag is like $150. Now Archery is good state wide also. So yiou can hunt with them except use a bow. Hunting deer up around LOTW is a tricky deal man, think about it before you spend your money.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:39 AM

I called the MN DNR and asked how much each license was... thought about doing both. Bow is 226 and the Muzzleloader license is 136. My wife and I are discussing buying a house in MN so that I can hunt with my family and not pay through the nose for it, but that is a ways off yet. The land for archery is closer to Roseau, but it is private, owned by my wife's family, they harvested quite a few deer during the MN rifle season. I just don't know which way to go.. heh
Old 11-18-2006, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ah ok I forgot about MN moving their archery tags this year. Now you pay what your home state NR tag is. But you can still go hunting with your family for the 3 weekends. And archery season dosnt end till 1 jan.