Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Tikka T3 Hunter in 25-06 >

Tikka T3 Hunter in 25-06

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tikka T3 Hunter in 25-06

Old 05-14-2004, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tikka T3 Hunter in 25-06

Just got my newest addition to the fold today. It's a Tikka T3 hunter in 25-06 with a blued barrel and a walnut stock. Haven't had a chance to go shooting yet and won't get to until Monday. First impressions just from holding it and playing around a bit are all possative. The bolt action is slick as oiled glass. After cycling a few rounds through it I can honestly say that if you closed your eyes it would be difficult to tell the difference between actually chambering a round and just cycling the gun on an empty magazine. It feeds that smooth. In fact it did not even deform the lead tip of the bullets I fed through it. The trigger which is factory pre-set at 3lbs is the best trigger I have ever felt on a standard factory rifle. Breaks very crisp with no creep and can easily be adjusted down to 2 lbs if desired. The trigger can be used as a single stage or set trigger if you like. The walnut stock is very nice and the gun has a good solid feel despite its light weight. The barrel while certainly not a bull barrel seems thicker than a standard barrel. A lot of people don't like the detachable clip because it is not made of metal but it seems quite strong and literally jumps out when you touch the release button. I have no problem with it.
It came with rings to mount the scope and swivel attachments to attach a sling. It has a free floated barrel and supposedly must pass a factory accuracy test before its shipped. Gonna slap a Nikon Monarch Gold scope on it Monday and head for the gravel pit. I will report back to you then on the issue of accuracy.
Old 05-14-2004, 08:58 PM

Default RE: Tikka T3 Hunter in 25-06

Good choice in rifle! I have the exact same thing as well as a Tikka T3 Lite Stainless in .308.

Trigger is the best I've ever seen from a factory rifle. I've spent a little time at the range, and it's a tack driver. Next week I'll be putting it to the test in the field on feral hogs and aoudad.
Old 05-15-2004, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go Todd, I agree Tikka's triggers are excellent.Mine like yours was adjusted at 3lbs( + - )from the factory.I have a Whitetail Hunter in the 7mm RM.Haven't shot it yet but like you I'm very impressed with it.I bought the Sako rings for mine.I was impressed the way the rings went on.The 25-06 is a fine deer cartridge. I would say you made a good choice in rifle and caliber.Best of luck with it. Please let us know how she does.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 05-16-2004, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

EXCELLENT CHOICE! Congrats.