Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Ruger Redhawk 44 mag >

Ruger Redhawk 44 mag

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ruger Redhawk 44 mag

Old 05-10-2004, 12:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Ruger Redhawk 44 mag

Shot one of these when they first came out years ago and at the time I owned an S&W 629 .44. I felt the Ruger was stronger and managed to stay together in repeated firing unlike the 629 who's side plates came loose on a regular basis. I would like to get one with a shorter barrel for carry purposes,squirrel hunting and packing along on some big game hunts. One never hears anything good or bad about these I am assuming that is a good sign. If I do purchase one what kind of mod's should I expect to make . Thanks
Old 05-10-2004, 12:48 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Ruger Redhawk 44 mag

I can't say much bad about them. I have a Smith 44 also, and like you, the screws kept coming loose. I like it still. But my best buddies ruger shoots rings around it. It is a 8" barrel however. Cheaper than the smith also. I have been wanting to get one for years but can't justify it. So my plan was to get it in a casull. Now, MD doesn't sell them. Have to wait until I go back to Ky.

Old 05-10-2004, 12:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

BC you can't buy a Redhawk in MD ...When did that happen? You must have gun grabbing communist pinkos up there.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:10 PM
bigcountry

And, you can't buy Kimber. That was the biggest disappointment as it was on my "to buy" list. They have to have built in trigger locks. Oh, well, good I am a resident of two states.

Old 05-10-2004, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

ahh that explains why my Sako has a key lock on it. Berettas headquarters are there.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep BC...never really dealt with a pistol other then the S&W 629 and a 686. Time to start carrying one. I am more concerned with stupid 2 legged animals then the more clever 4 legged variety.
Old 05-10-2004, 02:19 PM
bigcountry

For the two legged critters, I still like my 40Cal Glock subcompact. Those 44's pull my draws down. And when I wear a shoulder rig, after a tough day of hunting, they really put a workout on my shoulders. Mostly because, the shoulder rigs connect to my pants and my draws are sliding down anyway.

Old 05-10-2004, 02:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hmm. may have to get one for the populated areas and around the house and redhawk for the backpack when out hunting.
Old 05-10-2004, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have one and I love it, I have a leopold 4x eer on it .it is solid as a rock and for me its fun to shoot !! But I am a body builder so I like pain.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:38 PM

I have the redhawk in 7 1/2" barrel with a 2x Leupold. It took a little breaking in. I had it throated and all that. I worked the trigger myself. My best loads get about 2.5" groups at 50 yds. I like it alot but my super blackhawk shoots better and is lighter to carry.

Quick Reply: Ruger Redhawk 44 mag

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.