Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Rifle Cabinet/Safe - Opinions on Fire Protection? >

Rifle Cabinet/Safe - Opinions on Fire Protection?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Rifle Cabinet/Safe - Opinions on Fire Protection?

Old 05-13-2004, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rifle Cabinet/Safe - Opinions on Fire Protection?

ORIGINAL: 340WBYMAG

Goodguy,

Going to contact Liberty Safes today out of Montreal to see what their Centurion is worth. My last option is waiting for Bass Pro shops to open this fall and buying one of their Redhead Safes.

Like always I research things to death. Will have to decide soon.

340 contact Cannon safe before deciding. They have comparable safes for about the same price . Cannon has a much better warranty if a fire or break in occurs and needs repairs. Cannon pays the freight to the factory,where Liberty the owner pays the shipping.That could be a couple hundred dollar savings alone.

www.cannonsafe.com

Ruger Redhawk
Old 05-14-2004, 06:06 AM

Thanks for the advice Ruger, you guys in the States have access to a lot more stuff then us up here in Canada. Its also a lot easier for you guys to get stuff around your nation. We are pretty limited up here, especially when it comes to importing stuff or getting it across the border, but its getting better.

Its hard to find Canadian Distributors of US product other than the major rifle manufacturers up here, but it is getting better. Can't wait for the new BassPro in Toronto.
Old 05-14-2004, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

You're welcome 340.I'm sure we do have more access to products like you mentioned.My understanding things are allot more expensive in Canada. Hopefully when BassPro opens their prices will about the same as in the states. The safe Goodguy has looks very similar to the Cannon and Liberty models.If it's made in Canada that might be a good buy for you.Good luck finding one to fit your needs. I recommend buying one a little bigger then needed. For some reason they seem to shrink.When they say a 23 gun safe you'll be lucky to get 23 in without banging them up.They're like Sardines in a can.I removed all the bolts out of my guns and they still fit very tight.Just something to consider.

Ruger Redhawk