Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Conetrol vs Optilock scope mounts >

Conetrol vs Optilock scope mounts

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Conetrol vs Optilock scope mounts

Old 03-16-2004, 02:00 PM
Spike

Default Conetrol vs Optilock scope mounts

A few of you have recommended Conetrol or Optilock rings and bases for my Sako 75. Solitary Man gave me some great advice. What does everybody else think? Are they the way to go? Some say that the low Opilock are higher than the medium Conetrols. I would think that the lower would be better. I found the height in the Optilock web site but couldn't find the height on the Conetrols. If you pick the Conetrols what model? My scope is a Leupold LPS 30mm tube with 50mm
Old 03-16-2004, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Conetrol vs Optilock scope mounts

fisherprice, if you decide to go with the Optilocks, I could make you a deal on a set of 30mm stainless ones that I'm no longer using. I know they will work with a 50mm objective scope because that's what I used them for. I'd probably take $50 for them, which is less than half what they cost brand new. Just let me know if you're interested.

Personally though, the Conetrols would be my first choice as they would allow for a lower scope mount. I'm not sure they make them in stainless for the Sako, however. If not, I'd opt for the matte blued Huntur model. I think they'd look fine.
Old 03-16-2004, 09:33 PM

Sorry, I don't have any information on the height of the Conetrol rings. I was kind of curious about them though, never heard of them before so I checked out their site. That has got to be the worst website I've come across in a long long time. There's hardly a picture on the whole site. If you don't already know what you're after you've got virtually no chance of finding it. No Pictures of the quick detach rings, no pictures with the mounting instructions.

I'd sure like to see them on a rifle, but there's nothing there to give me a good idea of what I'd see. Just making a critique of the website, not the product.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Give Conetrol a call at 1-800-conetrol for information. They are very good scope mounts. Good luck.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

CalNewbie, I agree about the website. They need to do some serious work there and personally, I'd leave out the language where they knock their competition (I'm assuming it's S & K they're referring to). In my opinion, they should just tout the virtues of their own product and not even mention anyone else's.

The bottom line, however, is that they've got a really good product. It's a shame their marketing of it isn't as good.
Old 03-17-2004, 09:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yep that would be their only fault..the rings and mounts are probably the cleanest strongest on the market..Their webpage leaves a lot to be desired.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:57 PM

Does anyone have a close-up picture of a scope mounted with Conetrol bases & rings that they'd like to share? I'd like to see how those "projectionless split rings" look. It sure sounds sleek.
Old 03-17-2004, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's the best I can do as far as a picture is concerned. Make sure you scroll down. There's three pictures.

http://www.savagetradingusa.com/Weatherby300.html