Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Ruger Blackhawk and American Eagle ammo >

Ruger Blackhawk and American Eagle ammo

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ruger Blackhawk and American Eagle ammo

Old 03-15-2004, 01:09 PM

Default Ruger Blackhawk and American Eagle ammo

I got my rear sight in the mail today and it was the bump sight. I installed it and went out to sight it in. When I purchased the gun the dealer gave me a box of American Eagle ammo, which I have not heard to much good about, but hey it was free. Well it took me about5 shots to get it sighted in and then the next 12 bullets cut holes on every shot in the 2 inch bullseye. It was amazing. I could not believe the accuracy of this Ruger single action revolver. I have never had a handgun that shot like this. It is in 357 magnum caliber and would love to take a deer with it this year. I am going here in a bit to buy, you know it, a box of American Eagle shells. If this gun shot it that good it likes it alot. Just thought I would post on this Blackhawk new model with 6 1/2 barrel it looks to be. Good Luck guys
Whitey
Old 03-15-2004, 07:29 PM

Default RE: Ruger Blackhawk and American Eagle ammo

I love mine in .45colt. Same thing, it'll shoot better than I can shoot it. Off a sandbag I shot a 2" group of 5 shots at 50 yrds. Best I've ever done with a pistol. And that was with hot handloads.
Old 03-20-2004, 06:59 PM

I have a blackhawk in 44 mag and love it it shoot everything well. I did put oversized Hogue rubber grips on it, and it handles even better, suprisingly... I will never get rid of it
Old 03-20-2004, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's not surprising. The Ruger S/A are very accurate and will handle anything you feed them. They handle full house loads well.Put a set of Pachmyers (or Hogue)and you'll have a gun you can shoot all day.Sounds like you got a nice Blackhawk.

Huntsalotey, I replied to your email.I never heard back from you. I apologize for how long it took to reply. My computer was down for about a week. Still having problems with it.Glad you got the right sight for you NM Blackhawk.
Ruger Redhawk