Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 I gotta new toy too! >

I gotta new toy too!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

I gotta new toy too!

Old 03-08-2004, 08:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default I gotta new toy too!

Just bought a CZ 527 Carbine in 7.62X39mm. Put an old Redfield 2.75X with post & crosshair on it. Haven't fired it yet, so don't know how accurate (or inaccurate) it might prove to be, but it should make a great little beer-can buster!!
Old 03-08-2004, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I gotta new toy too!

Wow, sounds like a fun plinker- let us kno whow it shoots.

It must be the week for new toys- I just got a new Springfield 1911 that I'm going to shoot tomorow.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I pick mine up on Friday. Remington 7600 in 35 Whelen.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:16 PM
Fork Horn

must be the week for new toys here as well... i dont know why but i always wanted a pump shotgun... even though i have an auto and i have shot OUs and much nicer, but today i got a charles daly pump camo break-up 12 guage in 3.5" magnum... i suppose it will be my turkey gun for this season! i am gonna shoot with it next week at the trap field for practice... i know it's not fancy, but i wanted a gun i could beat the crap out of and not worry about it way too much if it got messed up...
Old 03-10-2004, 01:46 PM

Hey thndrchiken,
My son has the 35 whelen and it shoots real well for a rattletrap
Polack
Old 03-11-2004, 02:56 AM

eldeguello..

sounds nice a nice plinker rifle. how is the action? the only Cz i own is a CZ VZ24. but the bolt has been changed to accomodate a scope.

is she a nice light rifle/carbine? mag fed?
Old 03-11-2004, 02:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BrimanWow, sounds like a fun plinker- let us kno whow it shoots.

It must be the week for new toys- I just got a new Springfield 1911 that I'm going to shoot tomorow.
OK! I took it to the range this morning with 20 rounds of handloads using the 180-grain Speer .311" roundnose with 28.5 grains of H335 in Winchester cases and CCI 200 primers. I fired three rounds @ 50 yards to see if it was on paper. These three produced a 0.56" group with two bullets going through one elongated hole. So I moved out to 100 yards, and it made a 1.2" three shot group at that range, again with two through one ragged hole! The other shot was out to the right, but I had called it out to the right. I suspect this is a pretty accurate rifle, but it it SO LIGHT it is difficcult to hold it absolutely still, even on a sandbag!

Used the rest of the ammo, plus some factory stuff, for offhand target practice. This is proving to be a fun gun, and has a decent trigger pull unset (has a single-set trigger).

No noticeable recoil, even with 180 grain bullets. I did not chronograph this load from this rifle yet, but the same load used to give me 1980 FPS out of a Ruger Mini-30, so it should be close out of this gun. Barrel lengths are about the same.

I wish CZ would make this action just enough bigger to hold a .250 Savage and the .22/250!!
Old 03-11-2004, 02:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Quilly
eldeguello..
sounds nice a nice plinker rifle. how is the action? the only Cz i own is a CZ VZ24. but the bolt has been changed to accomodate a scope.
is she a nice light rifle/carbine? mag fed?
Quilly, it is a miniature Mauser type action. The striker system is not the same as the M98, but the rest of the mechanism is close. Very small diameter receiver ring and bolt, dual up-front lugs, and CRF extractor setup. However, it has a single-row, 5-shot magazine that protrudes down in front of the trigger guard! I would prefer a regular Mauser staggered round box inside the stock, but I guess you can't have everlything!! I haven't weighed it, but with the old-time Redfield 2.75X scope I put on it, I'd be surprised if it even weighs 6 pounds! More like 5.5 or so!!