Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 How many people carry a consealed weapon (gun) >

How many people carry a consealed weapon (gun)

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

How many people carry a consealed weapon (gun)

Old 02-04-2004, 04:29 AM

Default RE: How many people carry a consealed weapon (gun)

I know I posted this earlier on a different thread......but for those of you looking for more information concerning concealed carry.......and which states reciprocate....etc. check out:

http://www.packing.org/

This site provides a reference concerning concealed carry nationwide.

Hope it helps!

Dave
Old 02-04-2004, 08:13 AM
Fork Horn

You guys might want to check out packing.org. It has a lot of good state be state info.
Old 02-04-2004, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

One thing akbound didn't mention, and it might not be a concern in your state: some states don't allow concealed carriage (or any "on person" carriage for that matter) within a vehicle, i.e. here in Kansas you can openly carry whatever you wish as long as municipal legislation or business policy doesn't prohibit it, but as soon as you get in your car, you've got to take it off, it can be openly displayed in your passenger seat, locked in your glovebox, displayed on the dash, etc., it either has to be off your person and in sight or locked and out of reach of the driver, i.e. under seat compartments, storage compartments between bucket seats and in-door compartments in the drivers side are illegal, locked or not.

Ankle holsters are great if you can legally carry in your car, I can't wear them because I wear high stoved cowboy boots, I prefer a holster in the small of my back or behind my belt buckle when I'm carrying concealed.

One thing on your carry gun...you might consider a .38spcl or .45colt (or .45superbond) two barreled derringer. I bought my Cobra Inc. (formerly Davis enterprises) .38spcl O/U derringer for $70, for any personal defense scenario, it's great, small, flat, slim profile, and plenty of power on the out end, only two shots but I'm a crackshot with it, and stats show that less than .1% of cases where a gun is drawn in self defense ever require more than one shot, less than 10% require a shot at all. I've also got a Ruger P-97 .45acp that I keep in the glove box, in case I need more shots while in my truck.
Old 02-04-2004, 02:01 PM

The site I listed above www.packing.org provides a significant amount of information state by state........and state to state. If you carry concealed legally.....check it out!

No......I'm not affiliated!

Dave
Old 02-04-2004, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the link, its loadin
Old 02-04-2004, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok I just got my application in the mail and for those in Oklahoma interested you only have to be 21 to get the permit.
Old 02-04-2004, 04:11 PM
Typical Buck

As too how I pack my Kimber, it rides in a "slide" at the small of my back. With me being left-handed, a right-handed slide works well for that area. During the summer , when a coat or a sweatshirt does not "conseal", I pack a North American Arms mini-revolver in 22mag loaded with Maxi-mags in my pants pocket. Its sad to say, but with crime these days, you never know when you might need some kind of firepower to defend yourself or your family.[:'(]
Old 02-04-2004, 07:22 PM

Ok I just got my application in the mail and for those in Oklahoma interested you only have to be 21 to get the permit.
Well that's good news. I wonder when they changed that. I think I should get a discount on each renewal since I don't get to carry as long as you younger people do. Pro-rate it and it should only cost me about 10 bucks! [&:]
Old 02-05-2004, 06:35 AM

I have carried all my adult life and alot of my youth I carry a glock 17 most of the time but sometimes carry a Colt 1911A1 compact depending on where Im going and what Im doing. I also carry a S&W model 36 small light and fail safe. I also recommend carring a small light and very sharp knife at all times. I dont mean to sound over armed but "Id rather carry it every day and never need it than need it and not have it" .
Old 02-07-2004, 02:59 AM

I just signed on to this site a couple of days ago. I’ve never hunted before, but my brother and I are going to give it a try this fall. I came here to do some research. I did a search here for knife to get tips on what’s a good knife for dressing a deer and this thread caught my eye. I look forward to learning a lot from you guys.

Ubub,

I grew up in the Boston area of MA where it’s not too hard to get a long gun, but handguns are a bit more difficult. MA is “may issue” and in many towns that means “no issue”. I moved to NH in 2000 and in NH a permit is only slightly more difficult to get than a library card. God bless the “Live free or Die” state.

So I’ve been carrying for almost 4 years now. Speaking only from my experience so far, here’s what’s worked for me. I’ve been going with two main carry guns and have just recently bought a third. The first 2 are a Taurus PT945 .45 ACP and a Kahr K9 9mm. The weather pretty much decides on which gun I’ll carry on a given day. I mostly dress in jeans and an un-tucked t-shirt or un-tucked flannel (read slob). This allows a lot of leeway in how I’m carrying in comparison to someone in Dockers and a tucked golf/polo shirt. I’ve played around with different holsters and positions of carry. In the end I ended up with a Don Hume IWB model H715 holster for both guns. They’re a good quality leather holster that won’t break the bank. On the Don Hume web site they’re about $25 plus another $10 for shipping. If you go with an IWB, if your pants aren’t already a little loose, you might want to go up a waist size.

In the hot weather I go with a Smartcarry holster which both guns fit in plus a spare mag. With this holster the smaller Kahr works better than the Taurus. The Smartcarry is a denim holster that goes under your shorts/sweatpants and has a Velcro belt. Not the fastest draw, but you could go to the beach with only a pair of shorts and carry unnoticed.

I just picked up a Glock 29 10mm that I planned on using as a sidearm while hiking, camping and soon hunting. The more I fire it the more I like it, and I’m thinking of carrying it everywhere else like my Kahr and Taurus.

Beside packing.org, which is a great site, also check out www.thehighroad.org . It’s a gun forum with a lot of info on CCW.

Danny45,
According to http://www.osbi.state.ok.us/SDA2003LAWBOOK.pdf Oklahoma will recognize any states CCW. Check out page 31 on that .pdf file. This coincides with packing.org’s reciprocity list for Oklahoma. Also, the following states recognize Oklahoma’s CCW permits:
Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Colorado
Delaware
Florida
Idaho
Indiana
Kentucky
Michigan
Montana
New Hampshire
North Carolina
North Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Wyoming

Quick Reply: How many people carry a consealed weapon (gun)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.