Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 How many people carry a consealed weapon (gun) >

How many people carry a consealed weapon (gun)

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

How many people carry a consealed weapon (gun)

Old 01-27-2004, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many people carry a consealed weapon (gun)

I had a permit for years but never carried . Just never felt the need for it with what I did or where I went . Most of my friends do and I can relate to some of the inconvenieces it has caused them at goverment bldgs and airports . I see them more and more leaving thier piece at home .
Old 01-27-2004, 08:23 PM
Typical Buck

would not think of carrying concealed, it is illegal and the Kansas governor says she can protect me.
I would like to know where she was the 4 times I needed a firearm.
If I was going to carry it would be a stainless 44special, 2" barrel.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:01 PM
Typical Buck

Me & the old ball & chain (soon to be ex) both got our CCWs here about 2.5 years ago in FLA.

On any given day, I'll carry either a snubby .38Sp, a .357Mag, or a little .32ACP Beretta. Again, I don't think total knockdown is a big consideration for 99.999999% of CCW applications.............even 8 rds of .32ACP will get the message across to Mr. Crackhead.

But when considering getting a CCW, think about this........... It's not just about personal protection anymore. In this post-911 world, you just "might" be called upon to stop a threat. Afterall, terrorism depends on crowds to create terror.............what better place for the next attack but a mall full of people to terrorize?? I consider CCW to be not only a priviledge, but a duty to be grasped and used if required.

CCW - doon't leave home without it!!
Old 01-27-2004, 09:33 PM
Fork Horn

I carry one for eight hours every day at work. When I leave work I keep it in my desk drawer. I prefer to use my 30-06 at home for intruders.

The Glocks are very reliable. Have have carried many different brands and calibers over the past 14 years. I currently carry a Glock 22, which is a .40. Prior to that I had a Glock 21, which is a full size .45.

Someone earlier said that the glock is too wide. The Glock actuall comes in several sizes including different widths.

Our department also carries Sig Sauer. These are very nice reliable, accurate guns. Not as much magazine capacity as GLock , but one to look at.

We had bad luck with the Smith and Wesson handguns.

I prefer the .40 now in plain clothes, but I loved the .45 Glock in a holster. The 9mm doesn't have enough snot for me. We had those in the early 90's and you would have to shoot a deer several times point blank in the head to kill them . I never had that problem with the .40 or .45

Just my 2 cents
cybersniper
Old 01-27-2004, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ruger 357/38 S.S. 3" barrel, double action, nice and light weight. 870 loaded with rifle slugs behind my seat of the truck, and a knife here and there.
Old 01-28-2004, 01:03 AM
Typical Buck

My wife and I have been carrying legally since Ky voted the CCWP in a few years back. I pack a Kimber Ultra CDP "cocked and locked" loaded with Speer Lawman 200gr hp's and she packs a S&W model 60. For the home defense, I keep a SXS 12ga with barrels at 18 1/2 inches beside the bed along with the Kimber and a S&W 686 Plus in the nightsstand. The GLocks are great pistols, but just too ugly for me.
Old 01-28-2004, 04:18 AM

Hi again Ubub,

My first post was done moments before I helped put my father to bed last night....and then went myself. So it was considerably condensed.

Something that I have not seen mentioned yet......is the method of carry/presentation. All the posts have been centered about the type of "gun"....which of course is good....and usually the most interesting part of this conversation anyway.

But, if you are going to carry CCW.....you should give an equal amount of thought and consideration to the method of carry.......and a "holster and or system". There are many more options available today then we have ever had before. And they run the gamut of prices usually from as low as $20. (as in FOBUS/Uncle Mikes) to hundreds of dollars (custom leather). And somewhere between those two extremes you can find something that fits both you and your life style (read that dressing habits) exceedingly well. And sometimes, depending on your profession, life style, you will need more than one carry option.....even for the same gun.

So give the same detailed consideration to your holster/carry method during the selection process......as you do your firearm. And as an aside....if you frequent shops that do a brisk business with LE....you can generally get alot of good advice on what works well.....and what doesn't. (Also you can frequently get "great deals" on second hand gear that people trade in when they acquire different guns/equipment.) I've picked up some wonderful deals in Bianchi, Galco, DeSantis, etc. secondhand for about $20. or less.....by just keeping my eyes open!

Glocks are considered today.....the law enforcement gun by which all others are measured against......much like the Smith & Wesson revolvers were half a century ago. They are a very reliable weapons platform!

Once again.....good luck!
Old 01-28-2004, 04:57 AM
Fork Horn

you can here in new york know body ever does we dont even lock are doors at night there is a 22 mag behind the door but it aint for ppl intruders it is for coyotes an foxes intruding another couple months the 12 comes out with the rubber buck shot for black bear
Old 01-28-2004, 01:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Carry a 357 Mag 4 inch K-Frame size revolver. Always.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:19 PM

Have been carrying since 1978; many different models and calibers. Never had to drop the hammer on anyone, but had to draw down on 4 different occasions! The world is full of jitbags, and it IS good to have insurance!

Quick Reply: How many people carry a consealed weapon (gun)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.