Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Burris signature rings...any problems? >

Burris signature rings...any problems?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Burris signature rings...any problems?

Old 01-20-2004, 08:35 AM

Default Burris signature rings...any problems?

I am seriously considering going with burris signature rings for my A Bolt since I have never lapped rings but recently saw a thread on a problem with scope movement with these rings. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 01-20-2004, 08:55 AM

Default RE: Burris signature rings...any problems?

I've used the rings on several rifles and haven't ever had any problems. They are my prefered ring system.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:26 AM

Ive never heard the first bad thing about them. In hundreds of people I have heard from that uses them, they all praise them as the best thing to come out since the invention of the scope. Hope this helps.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:52 AM
bigcountry

I was having trouble with my long range shooting getting the most dynmic range out of my leupold. I needed 10MOA adjustment range to reach 800yards and I noticed I was bottoming out of the scopes adjustemtn and my adjustment wasn't centered anyway. so I started using the Burris rings with the offsets. Just the trick I needed. I haven't had any trouble out of my 300RUM so they can handle recoil well.

Old 01-20-2004, 11:20 AM

Sorry to jump off topic, but...

Huntsalotey, I grew up in Beckley,WV! I don't suppose you made the gunshow there this weekend? I made a pass through Saturday, but it was the same old overpriced junk as usual.
Old 01-20-2004, 03:05 PM

No I was not able to make the show. I came down with a stomache virus that had me nailed to the couch for 2 days. I would have still loved to have looked at that same ole high priced junk though. good shooting.
Old 01-20-2004, 04:30 PM
Typical Buck

I Love my Burris rings .................
Have 'em on two rifles and they are rock steady.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:04 PM

I'm not a fan. I've heard nothing but good things about them but wasn't satisfied with my installation. I perfer rings that let me use alignment rods. The inserts let the alignment rods move around too much for that to be practical.

While my installation looked as if they were parallel to each other they were off center to the barrel. Tried them out and my shots were so far to the left that I maxed out my windage adjustment and still had two inches to go. I could have monkeyed around with the offset inserts but decided to can the whole thing and use Leupold Dual Dovetail bases. A trip to the range and I quickly found my zero.
Old 01-26-2004, 07:46 AM
bigcountry

Well, I spoke too soon bragging on these rings. I had my burris rings come loose on me this weekend on my 300RUM. I have never in a decade have that happen on my leupold rings. I know the torx screws are a tad different from Leupold and Burris. I guess I have to go back and degrease and put more locktight blue on and keep an eye out.