Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 bakail mp 153 any good? >

bakail mp 153 any good?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

bakail mp 153 any good?

Old 01-09-2004, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default bakail mp 153 any good?

I need an all around semi auto 12 gauge that I can hunt turkeys, deer, geese, ducks, and coyotes. I know Benelli SBE is one of the best, but the wife won't let me spend $1250 on a gun right now. Considering the mp153, mossberg 935, and franchi 612. I'm open to suggestions and opinoins, but I don't care for the feel of the Super X2, and I don't want a Remington right now. Don't want to start a pi$$ing match, I have several Rems in the closet already, just want something different. What to do?
Old 01-09-2004, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bakail mp 153 any good?

I can't say how the Bakails shoot, but every single one I have ever seen looks like it was manufactured by a kindergarten student. Fit and finish was terrible. Now it might be just cosmetic, I don't know, but in my way of thinking if you don't care enough to make sure things look halfway decent are you going to care about anything else?
Old 01-09-2004, 04:36 PM

I'm also looking for a good scattergun for next year and have it narrowed it down to the 935 and the MP153.The 935 is a new gun, but I've heard nothing but praise from the owners, no problems to report as of yet. The Baikal is not the prettiest gun out there, but I've seen far fewer complaints concernig this gun than any other semi thats been around for the same length of time. Make no mistake about it, it's a very well built gun.
Baikal... not pretty but a solid gun,reliable.No camo
Mossberg...new model seems very well built, lots of extra's, great warrenty[ not that you'll need it ]
Personally, I'll probably go with the 935.Mossberg is making some of the best patterning barrels/chokes straight from the factory.
Old 01-09-2004, 04:45 PM

mp 153 has solid reviews on the watefowl boards. few noted issues, try www.waterfowler.com most were related to breaking them in or getting them adjusted just right for cycling a specific lighter ammo.

mossbergs are love or hate, I hunted with a guy who launch his semi-mossberg in the lake it was that bad. then bought a xtrema.
Old 01-09-2004, 05:06 PM

Yup, Waterfowler is a good site, here's another one to help with your research;
http://www.duckhunter.net/
Between those two you should be busy for a while