Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 NRA Hitlist ! >

NRA Hitlist !

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

NRA Hitlist !

Old 01-07-2004, 10:58 AM

Default NRA Hitlist !

advertisement

NRA's List of Enemies Includes Britney
Jan 4, 1:01 PM EST

What do Britney Spears, the United Methodist Church, the St. Louis Rams and Hallmark Cards have in common? They're among the hundreds of celebrities, organizations and companies on the National Rifle Association's roster of entities that it considers hostile to gun-ownership rights.

The Fairfax-based NRA has compiled a 15-page list of supporters of the Brady law — which requires federally licensed gun dealers to do background checks on gun buyers — and other gun-control measures.

NRA spokesman Ted Novin said the list was solely for "informational purposes and that it's nothing new."

"It's a good way for our members to know who's opposing their Second Amendment rights and who's not," he said.

But many consider being included on the blacklist a badge of honor, and some have even complained about being left off. Dustin Hoffman's name was added after he wrote to NRA President Kayne Robinson in October, saying that "as a supporter of comprehensive gun safety measures, I was deeply disappointed when I discovered that my name was not on this list."

Along with Spears, and usual NRA targets Michael Moore and Barbra Streisand, the organization's anti-gun roster names actors Julia Roberts and George Clooney. Professional athletes Doug Flutie and Rick Fox join entire teams on the list, including the St. Louis Rams and Cardinals, and the Kansas City Chiefs and Royals.

The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence recently drew attention to the NRA list after linking to it on its Web site to encourage people to lend their names to support gun-control measures. Close to 100,000 had signed up for the Brady list by the end of 2003.

"We were trying to bring attention to the paranoia, for lack of a better word," said Peter Hamm, a Brady Campaign spokesman.

Hamm said his group also wanted to point out "the innate humor in this list while also making a serious statement that in America we're not too fond of enemies lists and blacklists."

Both sides are looking ahead to later this year, when the ban on assault weapons is set to expire in September.

———

On the Net:

NRA List: http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID15

Brady: http://www.bradycampaign.org

Copyright 2003 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
advertisement

More in Celebs

Photo Galleries
Celebrity Interviews

Email This Page

Avg. Rating 2.9

Try MSN Internet Software for FREE!
MSN Home | My MSN | Hotmail | Search | Shopping | Money | People & Chat
©2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Terms of Use Advertise TRUSTe Approved Privacy Statement GetNetWise

Machine Code: F05 - Date: 2004-01-07T09:52:52-08
Old 01-07-2004, 02:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: NRA Hitlist !

Wildweasel, this is one of the articles I was refering to in the "supporting the antis" thread! The list is very alarming. We need to quit supporting these yo-yo's in every way!
Old 01-07-2004, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where could I find a complete list of anti-gunners?
Old 01-07-2004, 06:01 PM
Typical Buck

Pahunter, try www.ussportsmen.org This site is very up-to-date on all of the anti-guns/hunters issues and gives ways to combat these idiots. I'm not sure if a "list" is available, but I'm sure that an email to them and they would be happy to send you a "list" of our enemies.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:58 PM

For the NRA list try http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=15 There's a typo in the link above
Old 01-08-2004, 07:30 AM

I agree 100%. I called Britney last night and told her it was off. Of course she cried and begged, but I told her that my gun rights were far more important than the passion we shared.
Old 01-08-2004, 09:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I called Britney last night and told her it was off. Of course she cried and begged, but I told her that my gun rights were far more important than the passion we shared
Darn Slut, I thought she was only seeing me...
Old 01-08-2004, 08:18 PM

I think that we should all write our congress men and women e-mails telling them how much our gun rites mean to us. I dont know how much this will help but im sure if enough of us started writing them and not just one and done but mutipal letters. Once a month or so and after a year and thousands of letters they might have a slightly different view. That is just my opion and practice.
Old 01-08-2004, 08:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have always said that there are many more gun owners than anti's, and I stll beleive that. Looking at the anti's list, these people and companies have a lots of money and in many cases, exposser to the public!
The first and best thing that any gun owner can do is to be a member of the NRA. The NRA is the most effective tool that we have to protect our Second Amendment rights!, The second thing we can do is to take an active stand daily against the anti's, by watching where our dollars go!
Looking at the actors, the companies and the other organizations that are against us, not giving them any of our money to use against us, is no easy chore!
But in every possible way, we need to try our best to buy from, and support only pro gun businesses!
BTW, I just found out that the company that handles my 401K, (American Century) is anti gun! Ain't that a kick in the butt!!!!